SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Membership Marketing and Communications Manager is part of the marketing and communications group of ADEA. This is a highly functioning, highly effective operation within the Division of Communications and Membership that is known for superior internal client service producing high-quality products in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
The Membership Marketing and Communications Manager works with the Director of Marketing and Communications on the development and implementation of strategic marketing plans for internal and external stakeholders, specifically in the area of membership and conference marketing. The individual in this role uses his or her skilled understanding of membership marketing to serve as project manager on Association membership marketing efforts. He or she conducts membership research efforts to determine member needs, priorities and communications positioning for key audience segments. With the Director of Marketing and Communications, he or she develops and key strategies, innovative approaches and new ideas to meet membership acquisition, engagement and retention goals.
The Marketing and Communications Manager represents ADEA’s brand identity and communications standards to a wide variety of internal clients and is responsible for effectively conveying ADEA’s messages to members, prospective members and the general public. He or she tailors messaging and visual elements in accordance with visual brand standards to be shared throughout a variety of communications mediums. He or she also works with the membership staff to develop distinct member segmentation profiles and lists in Association Anywhere, including professional focus and demographic information, and adjusts marketing tactics according to the needs and communications preferences of the targeted audience.
The position requires a self-starter with experience in membership marketing and organizational communication techniques. The individual must possess strong interpersonal communications skills, as well as the ability to work independently, manage complex and varied projects, organize multiple projects simultaneously, think creatively and maintain flexibility.
The Membership Marketing and Communications Manager:
- Understands the value proposition for the various segments of the ADEA membership and applies that knowledge across promotions and communications.
- Attains and demonstrates advanced knowledge of ADEA programs, events, services and products to explain and promote them to ADEA members and other members of the dental education community.
- Assists with the development, implementation and measurement of annual marketing and communications plans, ensuring alignment with ADEA’s strategic goals.
- Works with internal staff and external vendors on execution of membership recruitment and retention programs.
- Contributes bi-weekly content to ADEA’s member newsletter, the ADEA Bulletin of Dental Education (BDE).
- Develops member engagement communications for various segments of the ADEA membership.
- Provides social media content related to support membership and conference marketing campaigns.
- Manages production processes from copy and design through approvals and scheduling for direct mail, email, print and online advertising efforts.
- Works closely with the design team to develop printed brochures and fliers.
- Gathers member and attendee testimonials for use in marketing materials.
- Analyzes segmented membership research, shares with cross-divisionally and makes recommendations related to new products and services.
- Updates existing content and generates new content for the membership pages of the ADEA website.
- Works with the web team and membership staff to ensure processes and resources related to website, email system and database are in place to support membership and conference marketing efforts.
- Updates printed membership applications and works with membership staff toward implementation of online membership applications.
- Works with membership staff to enhance renewal, welcome kit, member acknowledgement and other member touch points using database and third party vendors.
- Provides reports and metrics to help analyze effectiveness of membership marketing campaigns.
- Complies with ADEA’s Style Guide, editorial guidelines and Brand Standards.
- Coordinates the membership certificate program.
- Monitors external agencies and vendors regarding project timelines, budget and quality standards.
- Represents Association at ADEA and industry events to educate existing and prospective members about benefits and services and articulate value proposition.
- Incorporates visual brand into all membership marketing materials and monitors brand standards across all marketing materials.
- Tracks and fulfills marketing promotions and promotional materials requests from members, and recommends promotional items and incentives.
- Works with membership staff and the web team on enhancing corporate member exposure on the ADEA website.
- Shares “member of ADEA” logo and branded newsletter templates to ADEA Councils and Sections.
- Provides annual budget recommendations related to research, retention, acquisition, engagement, brand and promotional line items.
- Works with vendor to initiate targeted online membership marketing efforts and manage related campaigns and measurement.
- Researches and recommends print and online advertising opportunities.
- Develops targeted ads for segmented areas of the ADEA website.
- Represents ADEA at industry events to educate existing and prospective members about benefits and services and articulate value proposition.
- Baccalaureate degree in marketing, communications, journalism or a related field.
- 2-5 years of marketing and communications experience with variety of media required (e.g., newsletters, web content, marketing, etc.).
- 2-5 years of membership marketing experience, preferably at a health care or higher education organization, strongly preferred.
- 2-5 years of event or conference marketing experience, strongly preferred.
- Superior writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Demonstrated initiative, the ability to work independently, and the people skills to cultivate relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to work well as part of a team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience with content management, email marketing and association management systems.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to produce quality written communications in a fast-paced environment.
The Association offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package, along with a Metro accessible location in downtown DC. Candidates should submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to:
HRjobs@raffa.com (subject: Membership Marketing and Communications Manager for DCM). No phone calls, please.