Nomination Process for Section and SIG Officers
Nominating Committee – Consists of Chair-Elect and two Section members who are not
- Nominating committee will issue a Call for Nominees in the month of December
preceding the Annual Session in March.
- Nominating Committee nominates one or more individuals for the office of secretary
(every third year for officer of councilor). Additional nominations may come from the
floor at the Section Annual Session business meeting.
- Candidates may either self-nominate or be nominated by the Nominating Committee or
- All candidates, whether self-nominated or nominated by another body, must submit a
letter of intent (one page maximum), an abbreviated C.V. to the Nominating Committee
via email, no later than 1st week of January (council can specify a date).
- All applications will be reviewed and vetted by the Nominating Committee. The purpose
of the vetting process is to ensure that the candidates meet the qualifications and to
recommend qualified candidates for the section membership consideration and
selection. The Nominating Committee is asked to forward the name of at least three (3)
qualified candidates for consideration by the section membership.
- The Nominating Committee will announce the names of all candidates to the section
membership via email along with a message from the nominated candidates.
- The Nominating Committee will conduct a ballot among all section members attending
the section business meeting at the Annual Session. Members must be present to vote.
General Requirements for all Candidates
All candidates must meet the following general requirements:
- Individual membership in ADEA;
- Current member of the section in which nominated for a position; and
- The ability to effectively represent the section as demonstrated by involvement in the
sections’ mission and goals, attendance at the meetings, understanding of the issues,
*See ADEA Bylaws for specific candidate requirements. For questions contact Monique
Morgan, ADEA Staff Liaison to the Council of Sections at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-289-7201