Application and Selection Process
Who is Eligible
All ADEA Sections
- Each section is required to submit their Annual Report no later than July 1 of each year.
- Each submitted annual report is reviewed and evaluated by the ADEA COS Administrative Board
- Each administrative board member will evaluate the reports of their assigned groups and rank them based on the criteria of the annual report.
- Each administrative board member will nominate one group for consideration to receive the award.
*On-time submission of annual reports is required for nomination.
The following criteria provided in the annual report will be used in the selection process.
- Annual Program
- Members Forum
- External Activities
- Collaborations, Special Assignments and Projects
- Goals for the coming year
ADEA Council of Sections Administrative Board
Notification Date and Award Announcement
The recipient of the ADEA Council of Sections Thomas F. Nowlin Award for Outstanding Performance by a Section is announced and recognized during the ADEA Council of Sections Members’ Meeting during the ADEA Annual Session & Exhibition.