2012 ADEA Summer Program: Emerging Academic Leaders
Many current leaders in academic dentistry are alumni of the AADS Summer Program Career Development for Faculty Leaders: An Immersion Workshop. ADEA recreated and refreshed this well-regarded program for junior faculty members, both those joining faculty after a residency or after private practice.
This three and half day program covered topics such as leadership styles, team building and time management that are essential to planning and implementing a successful academic career. This highly interactive immersion program was designed specifically to give junior faculty guidance, insight and skills to propel their career.
The face-to-face instruction ended on July 15 but the collaborative learning experience continued via quarterly video conferences throughout the year.
Learning Objectives of the ADEA Summer Program
- Understand current major topics and trends in academic dentistry
- Appreciate the culture of academic dental institutions and how to work successfully within a school’s culture
- Discover opportunities for involvement in ADEA for professional development and leadership
- Create plans to help junior faculty focus on activities that will build their careers
- Build a professional network of colleagues and mentors
- Assess and develop leadership competencies to propel junior faculty to higher levels of effectiveness
Dates: July 12-15, 2012
74 Main Street
Ogunquit, Maine 03907
Agenda: 2012 ADEA Summer Program for Emerging Academic Leaders