2014 ADEA/Sunstar Americas, Inc./Jack Bresch Student Legislative Internship
This student legislative internship provides a unique learning experience in Washington, DC. The internship is designed to encourage students to learn about and eventually to become involved–as dental professionals–in the federal legislative process and the formulation of public policy as it relates to academic dentistry,
The ADEA/Sunstar Americas, Inc./Jack Bresch Student Legislative Internship is a six-week, stipend-supported internship in the Advocacy and Governmental Relations (ADEA AGR) portfolio of the ADEA Policy Center in Washington, DC. The internship is open to any predoctoral, allied, or advanced dental student, resident or fellow who is interested in learning about and contributing to the formulation of federal public policy with regard to dental education, dental research, and the oral health of the nation. Funded through the generous support of Sunstar Americas, Inc., the student intern will be a member of the ADEA AGR staff and will participate in congressional meetings on Capitol Hill, coalition meetings, and policy discussions among the ADEA Legislative Advisory Committee (ADEA LAC) and ADEA AGR staff.
Eligibility and Requirements
An applicant must:
- be a full-time predoctoral, allied, or advanced dental student, resident or fellow whose institution is willing to work with the student to identify and appropriate time, consisting of six weeks during the school year, to pursue the internship.
Application Process Checklist
Submit the following:
- the completed ADEA Awards, Scholarships, and Fellowships Application form
- a personal statement describing what the applicant anticipates from the internship, how the internship will benefit the applicant’s institution, and the applicant’s relevant experience
- a current curriculum vitae
- two confidential letters of recommendation mailed directly to ADEA
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Return applications to:
Ms. Yvonne Knight
Senior Vice President, Advocacy & Governmental Relations
1400 K Street NW
Washington, DC 20005
Please contact Ms. Yvonne Knight at 202-289-7201, ext. 165, or email@example.com with any questions.