Three focus areas included in the panel presentations linked women’s health with current trends and thinking re: Policy, Interprofessional Education (IPE) and the Research: knowledge base for Women’s Health including Translational Research.
Women’s Health Across a Lifespan (Policy)
Pamela Zarkowski, J.D., M.P.H.,
University of Detroit Mercy
- Dental Academic Policy
- Legislation re Women Health
- Women’s Health in the Affordable Care Act
Women’s Health in Interprofessional Education (IPE) and Practice
Paula K. Friedman, D.D.S., M.S.D., M.P.H.,
Boston University Goldman School of Dental Medicine
- Curriculum Content
- Interprofessional Practice (IPP)/ patient and family centered care/ clinical outreach
- Women’s Health in the transformation to Personalized Medicine.
Women’s Health in Research
Marilyn W. Woolfolk, M.S., D.D.S., M.P.H.
University of Michigan School of Dentistry
- Gender-based Research versus Women’s Health Research
- NIH Collaborations Across Institutes and Centers (ICs)
- Reliable Data Resources (from HRSA; ORWH; IOM)