ADEAGies Foundation Academic Dental Careers Fellowship Program (ADCFP)
Training Program Overview &
The ADEAGies Foundation Academic Dental Careers Fellowship Program (ADCFP) was founded with the goal of providing students and residents the opportunity to become involved in an academia by providing structured mentoring and insight into what
an academic career involves." Through the research requirements and active mentoring for faculty, the program is designed to create a pathway for those who may be considering entering an academic career. To date, over 100 students have completed the program,
representing 27 different U.S. and Canadian dental institutions.
The ADCFP consists of faculty and student pairs who will work in collaboration on a research or teaching project. The faculty member will provide mentorship to the student with regard to:
- Understanding and experiencing the daily experience of a dental school faculty member.
- Hearing the personal reflections of faculty members via one-on-one interviews.
- Understanding and applying the best practices in learning and research.
- Planning an academic career and navigate the education landscape.
To allow more students and faculty to participate, the 2015 ADCFP
was re-designed to:
- Allow a greater number of students and faculty mentors to participate in the program.
- Provide the faculty mentor with more training on effective mentoring skills.
- Provide more opportunities for students to network with their peers in an effort to build a community of student academicians and researchers at each participating institution.
Registration for 2015 ADCFP is now closed.
Keep posted for announcement in September 2015 regarding the 2016 ADCFP.