Release Statement | Refund Policy | Additional ADEA Policies
Agreeing to a pre-submission release of information statement will allow the applicant’s designated dental hygiene programs to have access to basic contact information prior to the ADEA DHCAS application being submitted.
Code of Conduct: All applicants must agree to the ADEA statement of ethical conduct and release statement to submit the ADEA DHCAS application. It is important to understand and abide by these principals during the application process. The statements are as follows:
- I have read, reviewed, and understand the application instructions and program/school-specific admissions requirements, including provisions which note that I am responsible for monitoring and ensuring the progress and status of my application and all supporting materials.
- I have provided ADEA DHCAS information in this application that is complete and accurate to the best of my knowledge. I understand that omitting relevant information or providing misrepresentations or false or misleading information in my application and supporting documents during the application process may jeopardize my application or other actions, including the possibility of expulsion from a program, if enrolled.
- I certify that all written passages, such as the personal statement, essays and descriptions of work/activities, are my own and have not been written, in part or in whole, by a third party.
- I understand that all documents provided to ADEA DHCAS will not be returned to me.
- I acknowledge my responsibility to inform the programs/schools to which I have applied in the event there is any change in the information I have provided, including, but not limited to, educational information, legal and conduct violations, and contact information and in a timely manner. Programs/schools will consider new information submitted, and in appropriate circumstances, reserve the right to change the status of an applicant or student.
- I authorize ADEA DHCAS and the dental hygiene programs to which I am applying to investigate any information, including my educational background, disciplinary history, and record of criminal convictions that it believes is relevant to my application.
- I give permission for ADEA DHCAS to release the information provided within my application, as well as all supporting application materials to my designated programs/schools.
- I authorize the use of information provided within the application for research, applicant tracking, and reporting purposes.
- I acknowledge that my only recourse to errors or omissions related to the handling or processing of my application by ADEA DHCAS is to obtain a refund. A refund is not guaranteed. Errors or omissions that are my responsibility are not subject to refund or waiver of fees in a future cycle.
- I agree to act with honesty, forthrightness, and integrity throughout the admissions process. I will be professional throughout the application process including interactions with ADEA DHCAS staff, program/school admissions officers and staff, and admissions committee.
It is a vital part of the process that the full instructions are read and the application is reviewed to ensure the necessary steps are taken to complete the application. Once an application is submitted, refunds are typically not granted. In special circumstances, though, refund requests will be reviewed. ADEA DHCAS applicants must submit a brief, written request within 30 calendar days of the end of the cycle to email@example.com. ADEA reserves the right to grant or deny requests at its own discretion. Any refund granted will be returned to the applicant in the form it was paid.
Additional ADEA Policies
The policies that govern ADEA DHCAS are recommended by the ADEA DHCAS Task Force, an official committee of the Association. ADEA DHCAS makes every effort to process and transmit application materials to the programs designated by the applicant. ADEA, however, assumes no responsibility for delays in processing application materials caused by the applicant’s failure to follow instructions or circumstances beyond ADEA DHCAS’s control. It is the applicant’s responsibility to monitor his or her ADEA DHCAS application and report any discrepancies or problems.
ADEA does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, marital status, age or handicap. Such information in the ADEA DHCAS application is requested only for the purpose of gathering and reporting applicant flow data, or to confirm information used to process the application.