Prepare to Apply
The ADEA Dental Hygiene Centralized Application Service (DHCAS) is the centralized application service for applicants to dental hygiene programs. Whether you wish to become a dental hygienist, or are a licensed hygienist and would like to continue your education, ADEA DHCAS is the place to research programs and apply. Save time and energy by completing one application for multiple programs.
ADEA DHCAS is open from August through June each year. Applicants can only open one application per cycle.
Whether the application is weeks or months away from opening, start preparing now. Here are things that can be done in advance to ensure the application process is seamless:
- Research programs: Check out the ADEA DHCAS Search Engine for information on all participating programs. The profile will indicate the application deadline for all programs.
- Collect materials: Know where to go to request transcripts from all colleges attended. Speak with professors and mentors to determine who will write letters of recommendation. Develop a CV or resume with all activities and accomplishments. Write a personal statement about why this degree and field is the goal. Print out score sheets from all standardized tests taken.
- Review the application: Look over the application instructions, required documents, and fee assistance program.
- Take entrance exams: The Search Engine includes information on which tests are accepted and which are preferred for each program; note the appropriate test for each designation.
- Network with other applicants: Visit www.godental.org to join in discussions about the application process and dental hygiene coursework.
Contact ADEA DHCAS
Customer service is available Monday-Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET.
Phone Number: 617-612-2095