Institute for Teaching and Learning (ITL)
ADEA/AAL Institute for Teaching and Learning (ADEA/AAL ITL) is the premier teacher training program in dental education.
Across two phases and 50 hours in the ADEA/AAL ITL, you will learn the skills of a master teacher:
- Evaluation of students' performance
- Problem- and case-based learning
- Clinical teaching best practices
- Classroom teaching best practices
- Online and blended learning
- Assessments with written tests
- Course planning and instruction design
- Critical thinking and learning styles
- Working with a generational mix of students
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Student motivation
- Working productively with difficult students
- Principles and theories of learning
- Curriculum models
- Mentoring students
You will interact face-to-face with 60-70 colleagues, who are current faculty or are transitioning to full- or part-time teaching positions, along with the preeminent instructors in dental education.
The 2015 ADEA/AAL ITL is being held in Atlanta, GA on August 20-22, 2015 and on October 22-24, 2015.
2016 ADEA/AAL ITL will be held in Atlanta, GA on August 11-13 and on October 13-15, 2016
Learn more about the ADEA/AAL ITL program. For alumni and group discount information, contact AAL Director of Professional Development Felicia Tucker-Lively at
email@example.com or 404-350-2098.
The American Dental Education Association is an ADA Continuing Education Recognition Program (CERP) Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
American Dental Education Association designates this activity for continuing education credits.