Compass Program for Academic Advancement
The ADEA/AAL Compass Program for Academic Advancement offers an intensive, three-day program to teach you critical skills to develop outside the classroom and clinic in order to succeed in higher education: educational research, and writing grants and for publications.
The ADEA/AAL Compass Program is designed for all early- and mid-career faculty members, regardless of position, tenure track or FTE status. The program covers:
- Creating a research niche
- Identifying research questions
- Formulating hypotheses
- Characteristics of qualitative, quantitative and mixed-methods educational research projects
- Data and appropriate statistical analysis
- Strategies for finding sources of funding
- Key components of grant applications
- Writing techniques that enhance readability and persuasiveness
- Strategies to maximize scores with grant reviewers
- Grant administration and outcome reports
- Characteristics of writing clear and compelling manuscripts
- Writing strategies for each section of an educational research manuscript
- Reasons for rejection of manuscripts
- Common academic writing problems
- Use of text-editing techniques to enhance clarity of manuscripts
The ADEA/AAL Compass Program is scheduled for September 17-19, 2014, in Atlanta, GA.
25 CE credits
Learn more about the ADEA/AAL Compass Program or register online today. For alumni discount and group discount information, contact AAL Project Manager Felicia Tucker-Lively at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-350-2098.