Compass Program for Academic Advancement
The ADEA/AAL Compass Program for Academic Advancement offers four independent modules to teach you the skills you need to develop outside the classroom and the clinic in order to succeed in higher education: grant writing, educational research, writing for publication, and career development within the culture of higher education.
The ADEA/AAL Compass Program modules are applicable to all early- and mid-career faculty regardless of position, tenure track, or FTE status. The modules may be taken individually or in sequence.
2014 schedule for ADEA/AAL Compass modules, all held in Atlanta, GA:
Writing for Publication (April 17-18, 2014)
- The characteristics of writing clear and compelling manuscripts
- Avoiding mistakes identified by reviewers
- Common academic writing problems
- Use of text editing techniques to enhance clarity of manuscripts
- The bookends approach for writing single-concept paragraphs
- Writing strategies for each section of an educational research manuscript
- The reasons for rejection of manuscripts
- Manuscript analysis and evaluation, with comparison to the actual feedback and recommendations submitted by real reviewers
- Receive a critique of a draft manuscript
Tuition: $595 per module, with multi-module discounts
Learn more about the ADEA/AAL Compass Program or register online today. For alumni discount, group discount, and multi-module discount information, contact AAL Project Manager Felicia Tucker-Lively at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-350-2098.