2013 ADEA Summer Program for Emerging Academic Leaders
Many current leaders in academic dentistry are alumni of the AADS Summer Program Career Development for Faculty Leaders: An Immersion Workshop. ADEA recreated and refreshed this well-regarded program for junior faculty members, both those joining faculty after a residency or after private practice.
This three and half day program covered topics such as leadership styles, team building and time management that are essential to planning and implementing a successful academic career. This highly interactive immersion program was designed specifically to give junior faculty guidance, insight and skills to propel their career.
The face-to-face instruction ended on July 15 but the collaborative learning experience continued via quarterly video conferences throughout the year.
Learning Objectives of the ADEA Summer Program
- Understand current major topics and trends in academic dentistry
- Appreciate the culture of academic dental institutions and how to work successfully within a school’s culture
- Discover opportunities for involvement in ADEA for professional development and leadership
- Create plans to help junior faculty focus on activities that will build their careers
- Build a professional network of colleagues and mentors
- Assess and develop leadership competencies to propel junior faculty to higher levels of effectiveness
Dates: July 11-14, 2013
The Colony Hotel
140 Ocean Ave
Kennebunkport, ME 04046
Agenda: 2013 Summer Program for Emerging Academic Leaders
N. Karl Haden, Ph.D., Founder and President, Academy of Academic Leadership (AAL)
Paula N. O’Neill, M.Ed., Ed.D., former Associate Dean for Professional Development & Faculty Affairs, University of Texas Health Science Center, Senior Consultant, Academy for Academic Leadership (AAL)
Tobias E. Rodriguez, Ph.D., Vice President for Education, Academy for Academic Leadership (AAL)
Read the Presenters' Biographies.