2014 ADEA Allied Dental Program Directors’ Conference
The 2014 ADEA Allied Dental Program Directors' Conference promoted the advancement of allied dental education, research, and service in all institutions that offer accredited allied dental education programs. It was designed to provide a forum for attendees to share program innovations, challenges, and successes while networking with peers.
- Provide a forum for the exchange of information on policies, challenges and programs that relate to allied dental education and administration
- Stimulate the production, exchange, and dissemination of ideas and information among allied dental program directors and educators
- Address specific issues in allied dental education and administration
- Facilitate communication and networking among members
Date: June 7-10, 2014
Hyatt Regency Philadelphia at Penn's Landing
2014 ADEA Allied Dental Program Directors' Conference
Saturday, June 7
Allied Dental Professionals: Beyond Access to Dental Health
Bob Russell, D.D.S, M.P.H.
Sunday, June 8
Opening Keynote Address:
Serving our Community: Educators’ Role in Meeting Communities’ Needs
Christine Nathe, RDH, M.S.
Panel Presentation: Best Practices in Reaching Out to the Underserved Populations
Lisa Bress, RDH, M.S.
Patricia Ann Capps, CDA, RDH, M.S.
Patricia Inks, B.S.D.H., M.S.
Cheryl M. Westphal Theile, RDH, Ed.D.
New Directors’ Workshop
Deanna N. Stentiford, RDH, Ed.S.
Rebecca Stolberg, RDH, M.S.D.H.
Monday, June 9
1. National Issues Affecting Dental Assisting Education Facilitators
Carolyn K. Breen CDA, RDA, RDH, Ed.D.
Professor Patricia Ann Capps, CDA, B.S., M.S.
Lorraine (Lori) I. Gagliardi, RDH, Ed.D.
Connie L. Myers-Kracher, CDA, EFDA, M.S.D., Ph.D.
2. Overview by the American Dental Hygienists Association (ADHA) on the Transforming Dental Hygiene Education Symposium
Ann Battrell, M.S.D.H.
Pam Steinbach, RN, M.S.
Teaching Strategies to Promote Critical Thinking in Dental Programs
Susan J. Daniel, RDH, Ph.D.
Shannon H. Mitchell, RDH, M.S.
Tuesday, June 10 (Joint meeting day with the ADEA CCI Summer Liaisons’ Meeting)
Closing Keynote Address:
Technology, Access and Serving Underserved Communities
Michael Helgeson, D.D.S.