Creating a Humanistic Educational Environment
Dates: Jun 07-Jul 12, 2017
Venue: 6 online evening sessions
Location: Learning module, Online
Online Registration is currently closed for this event.
you want effective crash courses in contemporary teaching methods and technologies,
without the time and expense of more graduate degrees, look no further than the
ADEA/AAL Institute for Allied Health Educators. Outstanding information with
W. Cyphers, D.D.S., FAGD, Clinical Care Coordinator, Midwestern University
The ADEA/AAL Institute for Allied Health Educators (IAHE) offers a convenient, collaborative and cutting-edge series of interactive online courses for full and part-time health educators and private practitioners embarking on a new career in academia.
This course is divided into 5 live online sessions on June 14, June 21, June 28, July 5 and July 12 from 8:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Eastern Time.
The online orientation is June 7, 2017 from 8:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. Eastern Time.
The ADEA/AAL IAHE series features courses divided into weekly, live evening sessions held online, with assignments before each live session. You will be invited to participate in online discussions between sessions with the instructors and your colleagues,
and you can submit questions to the instructors at any time during the program.
This course will cover:
- Hidden Curriculum: Creating a Culture of Civility: Discuss strategies for managing mistake in communication and incorporating prevention to create an engaged learning environment.
- Use of Mindfulness Strategies: Identify mindfulness and contemplative pedagogy techniques for enhancing cognitive performance and management of stress in the educational environment.
- Conflict Management: Apply appropriate resolution tactics to manage conflict
- Teaching and Feedback Styles: Describe the value of teaching to different learning traits and styles and the importance of appropriate feedback.
- Academic Honesty: Strategies for Preventing and Managing Challenging Situations: Explore management strategies to address academic honesty and civility issues in educational settings.
Every live presentation is recorded and archived, so even if you miss a broadcast, you can view the slides and hear the instructor's commentary and Q&A with participants at your convenience. All archived sessions, readings and assignments also will be available to you
for weeks after the program concludes, to give you maximum flexibility, convenience, and opportunity to learn.
Ian Marion, DDS, MS, Assistant Clinical Professor and Director of Pre-doctoral Pediatric Dentistry, University of Illinois Chicago College of Dentistry
Marcia M. Ditmyer,
Ph.D., M.S., M.B.A., M.C.H.E.S., Assistant Dean of Assessment and Instruction and Associate Professor, University of Nevada Las Vegas
Debbie Holexa, M.A.Ed,
RDH, Program Director and Instructor, Mesa Community College
The cost of this program for an individual is $350. The registration deadline is June 5, 2017.
Participants can complete the assignments to earn 20 CE credits for each ADEA/AAL IAHE course, or they can choose to audit, getting full access to the materials but without completing the work or receiving the CE credits. The tuition remains the same
whether the course is audited or taken for credit.
New in 2017, institutions can enroll multiple faculty members by selecting the tier that best fits its development needs:
- The Tier 1 Site License entitles the institution to a 20% discount on 5 to 15 participants.
- The Tier 2 Site License provides a 25% discount on 16 or more participants.
Institutions receive the discount when the following occurs:
- Notification of the intent to send multiple faculty is received in advance so AAL can provide the appropriate discount code.
- If the institution is paying, multiple attendees register at the same time indicating payment by the same institutional check, PO or credit card.
- If each participant is paying individually, multiple attendees register at the same time and the discount will be divided evenly between the participants.
Alternatively, AAL alumni receive a $50 discount (cannot be combined with a tiered licensing discount).
To arrange for these discounts, please contact AAL Director of Professional Development
Tucker-Lively or call 404-350-2098.
Refund policy: View the
The American Dental Education Association is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse
individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
ADEA designates this activity for 20 continuing education credits. This continuing education activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the standards of the ADA Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP) through joint efforts between American Dental Education Association (ADEA) and the Academy for Academic Leadership (AAL).
For Further Information:
Please visit AAL’s
website or contact AAL Director of Professional Development
Dr. Felicia Tucker-Lively.
Contact: Dr. Felicia Tucker-Lively