Yale-New Haven Hospital is seeking applicants for a Program Directory of Dentistry. The Program Director will have overall responsibility for the following: residency program administration, development and implementation of the curriculum plan, ongoing evaluation of program content,
resident performance, and the quality of resident education in affiliated institutions and off-service resident rotations. The residency director is responsible for the overall resident compliance and quality of documentation in the electronic dental and medical records. In addition, is responsible for the
quality of patient care and cost-effective/cost-efficient care in the pediatric dental centers. The residency director with the chief of dentistry will work collaboratively during resident interviews, selection and orientation. Reports directly to the Chief of Dental Services at Yale-New Haven Hospital.
1. In collaboration with other directors and other teaching programs affiliated with Y-NHH dental service develops resident schedules (didactics and lectures, clinical patient care, operating rooms, on-call, orientation, presentations and rotations)
2. In coordination with the Chief of Dentistry, and Section Chiefs provides a scientific and evidence base didactic curriculum, which includes but is not limited to teaching biomedical or core courses in pediatric dentistry and interceptive orthodontics, organizing and distributing
annual curriculums, and reinforcing syllabi standards and quality
3. In collaboration with other clinical departments and chiefs of service, develops a resident rotation schedule and ensures an excellent educational experience for assigned residents by providing oversight of patient care, and delivery of an educational curriculum
4. Develops and implements a Quality Improvement Program for the residents with focus on adherence to established practice guidelines, continuity of care, education, and patient safety and satisfaction
5. Actively participates in bi-annual evaluations of all residents and visiting students with feedback
6. Assures and is directly responsible for maintaining CODA accreditation.
7. Ensures compliance with ADA, the Joint Commission, CMS, DPH, DEEP and other external agency standard
8. Ensures accurate and timely completion of all medical and dental records
9. Ensures resident and staff use the clinical equipment safely and appropriately
10. Provides night and weekend on-call coverage as scheduled and ensures appropriate residents and faculty availability. Ensures after-hours billing and documentation is accurate
11. Provides direct resident supervision 80%-90% of scheduled hours/ week in the Dental Clinic, OR, and other satellite facilities. Covers resident supervision when attending faculty is unable to be present in clinic
12. Is actively involved in the Department of Dentistry Grand Rounds and Section Grand Rounds.
13.Optional 10-20% of scheduled hours/week for administrative and scholarly activities such as grant writing, research and publications. If not used effectively, MUST be directed towards patient care or resident supervision
14. In coordination with the Chief of Dentistry, evaluates clinicians to meet practice requirements and assures that there is adequate, high quality faculty coverage and compliance for all sessions
15. With the Chief of Dentistry and Hospital Administration develops an annual capital budget for the dental services.
16. With the Chief of Dentistry and Hospital Administration pursues cost management and revenue enhancement initiatives for the dental department.
17. With the Chief of Dentistry and Hospital Administration develops intra and interdepartmental policies and protocols and reinforces them within the Dental Department and other Y-NHH departments
18. Actively involved in establishing and organizing community initiatives for the dental department.
19. Participates in hospital administrative committees as requested
20. Works with Hospital Administrative personnel to improve
- Patient flow and other related issues including office hours, scheduling, wait times, billing and follow-up
- Patient Satisfaction
- Physical environment
- Information flow
- Clinical outcomes in patients with high frequency, high morbidity, high cost, chronic illnesses by identifying effective systems, approaches and resources to manage these cases efficiently.
21. Human Resources Management. Effectively utilizes existing process to select, align, develop, motivate and retain a team of highly skilled professionals. Manages faculty Dentist and Oral Surgeons. Provides vision and leadership to staff in a collaborative environment that offers job
satisfaction recognition, and stimulates innovative thinking to accomplish goals and objectives.
D.M.D./D.D.S. from a US/ Canadian dental school. Must have completed a CODA accredited postdoctoral training program.
The Program Director must have at least five years of continuous clinical pediatric dentistry practice in an academic setting that includes a hospital based, university based or combined pediatric dentistry residency program (beyond the residency training) on at least a half-time basis
(15-30 hours per week); demonstrated administrative experience in didactic/clinical teaching, research, publications and grant writing. Dual specialty, MPH, PhD candidates preferred.
Board certified in dentistry; Eligible for dental and sedation licensure in the state of Connecticut.
Hospital dentistry training and management of adults with special health care needs.
Click here to apply for this position.
Posted on ADAE DentEd Jobs on January 22, 2018.