Carolina University School of Dental Medicine is seeking applicants for the Division
Director of Predoctoral Clinical Education. This position is responsible for
the administration and coordination of the predoctoral clinical education
within the School of Dental Medicine. The Division Director will bring together
the clinical educational experiences in innovative ways to enhance and optimize
clinical education and patient care in all predoctoral clinical environments.
The Division Director reports to the Chair of the Department of General
Dentistry and works closely with the Associate Dean for Clinical Affairs, the
Assistant Dean for Community Dental Practices, and other administrators.
- Coordinating, overseeing and enhancing the clinical education of
predoctoral dental students
- Supervising the Group Practice Leaders and working collaboratively
with the Community Service Learning Center (CSLC)
faculty dentists to optimize predoctoral clinical educational and patient care
- Coordinating the activities of the Patient Care Coordinators
(PCCs) in Ross Hall (working with the Associate Dean for Clinical Affairs) and
the CSLCs (working with the Assistant Dean for Community Dental Practices) to
enhance patient care and student educational outcomes
- Ensuring that the predoctoral clinical experiences optimally
prepare predoctoral students to fulfill the mission of the school upon
- Developing a clinical educational environment that embraces
patient-centered, comprehensive, quality care
- Ensuring that the predoctoral clinical education and delivery of
patient care function at a high level of efficiency and quality
- Providing assistance and input to the Associate Dean for
Clinical Affairs, Director of Clinics and Assistant Dean for Community Dental
Practices for enforcement of clinical policies and procedures
- Monitoring the predoctoral student clinical education to ensure
compliance with accreditation requirements and implementing clinical
- Teaching in the predoctoral clinic
- Participating in the Faculty Practice
- Performing other duties and assigned by the Chair of General
Dentistry or the Dean
or tenure- track position available at the title/rank of Assistant Professor or
- DDS or DMD from
a Dental School accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA)
- Five years of full-time clinical
experience teaching in a Dental School accredited by the Commission on Dental
- Ability to multi-task and work
cooperatively with others
- Ability to be licensed in the State of
- Experience teaching as a pre-doctoral
group practice leader or team leader
License or Certification
Required by Statute or Regulation
- Commitment to evidence-based teaching
- Clinic administrative experience in a
CODA accredited dental school
- Fellowship or Masters in Prosthodontics,
Fellowship or Masters in Operative, Comprehensive Dentistry Residency
Certificate (2yrs), Advanced Education in General Dentistry Certificate or
General Practice Residency Certificate.
- Experience in community outreach
- Predoctoral teaching experience in a
comprehensive care setting
- Demonstrated record of increasing
- Experience with axium, digital imaging,
and student evaluation
Instructions to Applicants
submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae/resume, and a list of three references,
including contact information, online.
Applications will be considered until position is filled. Please
submit an online ECU application for vacancy # 002229 to ECU Human Resources.
Carolina University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Visit this job posting online.
Posted on ADEA DentEd Jobs on October 10, 2017.