The ADHA is seeking applicants for a Dental Hygiene Education &
Practice Specialist (Part-Time), in the Division of Education and Professional
Advocacy. This position reports to the Director.
- Inform, support, and monitor division
related actions of the strategic and annual operating plans.
- Monitor the status of accredited dental
hygiene education programs and oversee maintenance of the current program
- Develop and implement plan for program
faculty in targeted states, in partnership with Communications and Member
Engagement, to increase member engagement and membership.
- Research and communicate issues of
importance to the dental hygiene education community.
- Serve as the technical expert on all
aspects of dental hygiene practice materials and resources.
- Assess and aggregate current ADHA education
and practice resources for all career pathways and related career stages and develop
and disseminate new content as needed.
- Assess and provide guidance on the
development of ADHA resources to address the educator and practitioner
awareness and knowledge gap following changes in state statutes and/or
- Ensure that ADHA and Member’s Only
Website content related to dental hygiene education and practice is organized,
updated and relevant.
- Attend and present at meetings and/or
with targeted education programs as assigned by the Division Director.
- Time permitting, provide dental hygiene
subject matter expertise to ADHA content channels (i.e. CE, Access Magazine,
- Support the execution of assigned
corporate sponsored programs and ensure that programs are implemented to meet
- Support ADHA’s collective membership
recruitment and retention efforts through assigned division and
support to assigned special committees, ad hoc workgroups and task forces, as
- Support ADHA’s knowledge management
documentation process by capturing and maintaining related division procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Hygiene Education & Practice Specialist will know who ADHA is today and
where the organization, dental hygiene education and practice is moving
forward. S/he should have previously taught dental hygiene, but this is not
required in his/her most recent role. S/he must also have experience in a
clinical practice setting, preferably most recently. Given the part-time nature
of this position, the Specialist must be able to have a flexible schedule for
work trips that may fall out of the normally scheduled, part-time hours.
- This is a part-time position. It will be approximately 80 hours/month. On average, approximately 10 days/month, but
flexibility is necessary based upon work priorities and meeting dates. Will involve overnight travel for at least
three trips (ADHA Annual Conference, ADEA Program Directors Meeting and at
least one site visit.)
- Tele-commuting may be considered for the
right candidate, but being based in Chicago or near a major airport is optimal.
- Attendance at ADHA’s Annual Conference
Experience: At least three year’s experience, preferably five, in
academic education setting
and dental hygiene practice. Experience in state legislative activities is
- Excellent verbal, presentation and
written communication skills
- Excellent project and time management
- Superior volunteer management
- Ability to work independently, lead and
manage multiple high-priority projects
- Creative thinking
- Excellent computer skills including
- Strong attention to detail
- Quick learner
- Relationship builder - able to work as a
team member, provides courteous service to internal and external 'clients'
Education: Bachelor’s degree in dental hygiene is
required, master’s degree in dental hygiene preferred.
responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at discretion of
management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing. Employee may
be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
Please send all
resumes to email@example.com for consideration.
Posted on ADEA DentEd Jobs on September