The Oral-Maxillofacial Radiologist (OMR) in the
East Carolina School of Dental Medicine is responsible for pre-doctoral and
post-doctoral teaching in the OMR Unit of the dental school.
This unit is within the Section of Diagnostic
Sciences and Community Dentistry of the Department of General Dentistry. The
OMR unit works in close cooperation with the Offices of Academics Support,
Clinical Affairs, and Dental Education and Informatics, to support the School's
programs and initiatives. In addition, the unit works closely with other
Schools and Colleges of East Carolina University and other components of the
University of North Carolina, as well as local/regional educational and
The Oral-Maxillofacial Radiologist will work with
the Section Chief of Oral-Maxillofacial Radiology and the Division Director of
Diagnostic Sciences in delivering the didactic and clinical OMR curriculum.
Specific duties include the following:
- Working closely with the Radiology Technologist,
Unit Chief of OMR, the Division Director of Diagnostic Sciences, and the Chair
of General Dentistry in curriculum development and implementation as related to
oral-maxillofacial radiology and the use of technology to support the
division's teaching program.
- Assisting in coordination of OMR didactic and
clinical activities with Unit Chief of OMR.
- Working closely with the Unit Chief of OMR to
coordinate all academic programs as relates to Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology
Unit in the school and at the community services learning centers.
- Conducting basic and/or clinical research, and
other scholarly activities to satisfy promotion guidelines.
- Developing and delivering continuing education
programs related to OMR.
- Participating in an OMR imaging and reading
service, including management of RISS (Radiology Information System and
- Working closely with the Unit Chief of OMR and
Radiology Technologist to maintain OMR facilities and maintain record keeping
that fully comply with state and national standards.
- Working closely with the Unit Chief of OMR to
coordinate accreditation and other program documentation as needed.
- Assisting the Unit Chief of OMR in budget
planning for the division and ensuring that staffing, equipment, and funding
are appropriate for the mission requirements as they relate to OMR.
- Serving on committees and boards for
state/federal government agencies, professional societies and within the
- Assisting the Unit Chief of OMR and Radiology Technologist
in quality assurance and improvement, and compliance efforts.
- Assisting the Unit Chief of OMR, the Radiology
Technologist and Clinical Informatics Specialists in the development and
implementation of radiographic software.
- Responding to assignments from the Division
Director of Diagnostic Sciences and Community Dentistry, the Unit Chief of OMR,
the Chair of General Dentistry, and the Dean of the School of Dentistry
essential to unit's and school's operations.
- Attending meetings and represent the School in
internal and external venues as requested, working closely with the Unit Chief
of OMR, the Chair of General Dentistry, or the Dean.
- Representing the School to external
constituencies as appropriate.
- Performing other duties and assuming additional
responsibilities as assigned by the Unit Chief of OMR, Division Director of
Diagnostic Sciences and Community Dentistry, the Chair of General Dentistry, or
- Fixed term or tenure track position at the
title/rank of assistant professor or higher available.
- DDS or DMD (or equivalent) from an appropriately
accredited institution with expertise in dental education.
- Completion of a formal training program in Oral
and Maxillofacial Radiology from a CODA-accredited institution.
- American or Canadian Board certification in OMR
(If less than 3 years since successful completion of CODA-accredited OMR
program, successful completion of ABOMR Part I with eligibility for ABOMR Part
II will be considered.)
- Eligibility for dental licensure in North
Carolina (a NC dental license must be secured before employment).
- Commitment to evidence-based teaching and
- Commitment to conducting basic and/or clinical
research, and other scholarly activities that will help qualify for appropriate
- Commitment to and evidence of building teams in
planning and to identify and resolve problems.
- Experience in community outreach activities.
- Willingness to apply academic experiences of
contemporary dental education and traditional educational values to the
Community Services Learning Center model.
- Experience with digital record keeping, imaging,
East Carolina University requires applicants to submit a
candidate profile online in order to be considered for the position. In
addition to submitting a candidate profile online, please submit online the
required applicant documents
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- List of Three References (noting contact
East Carolina University is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/xzhy398
Or, the requested information can be sent electronically to:
Apply for this job