AAMC/ADEA Dental Loan Organizer and Calculator
The Association of American Medical Colleges and the American Dental Education Association (AAMC/ADEA) Dental Loan Organizer and Calculator (DLOC) provides a secure location for dental school students and residents to both organize and track student loans. The tool also runs repayment scenarios based on an individual’s career plans following dental school, including any plans for post-doctoral work. DLOC was modeled after the AAMC’s Medloans® Organizer and Calculator (MLOC), first introduced in 2010 as a tool for medical school students and residents.
- To access the Dental Loan Organizer and Calculator, go to www.AAMC.org/GoDental.
- Follow the simple instructions on the Home Page for first time users.
- You can manually enter your student loan data or you can choose to export any federal loans you already have that are listed at www.NSLDS.ed.gov into the Dental Loan Organizer and Calculator.
- Work closely with your school’s Financial Aid Office to ensure you do not miss any important deadlines for grants, scholarships, and campus-based loan programs that may be available, as this may help reduce the amount you have to borrow for dental school.
- Don’t borrow more than you need.
- Be sure you know your school’s financial aid budget (also called the Cost of Attendance) for each year you borrow, and pay close attention to the monthly living allowance.