AAMC/ADEA Dental Loan Organizer and Calculator
The Association of American Medical Colleges/American Dental Education Association (AAMC/ADEA) Dental Loan Organizer and Calculator (DLOC) provides a secure location for dental school students and residents to both organize and track student loans. The tool also runs repayment scenarios based on an individual’s career plans following dental school, including any plans for advanced dental education. DLOC also provides
estimates of forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program for dental school graduates interested in careers in the non-profit public sector, including academic dentistry. DLOC is modeled after the AAMC’s Medloans® Organizer and Calculator (MLOC), a debt management
tool designed by the AAMC specifically for medical school students, residents and fellows.
- To access the Dental Loan Organizer and Calculator, go to
- Follow the simple instructions on the home page for first-time users.
- You can manually enter your student loan data or you can choose to export any federal loans you already have that are listed at
nslds.ed.gov into the AAMC/ADEA Dental Loan Organizer and Calculator.
- Be sure to enter any student loans you anticipate borrowing that are not yet reflected on NSLDS to help ensure you get the most accurate repayment and forgiveness estimates.
- Work closely with your school’s financial aid office to ensure you do not miss any important deadlines for grants, scholarships, and campus-based loan programs that may be available, as this may help reduce the amount you have to borrow for dental school
- Don’t borrow more than you need.
- Be sure you know your school’s financial aid budget (also called the cost of attendance) for each year you borrow, and pay close attention to the monthly living allowance.