Prepare to Apply
2015 Application Cycle
March 17, 2015 - February 19, 2016
Whether the application is weeks or months away from opening, start preparing now. Here are things that can be done in advance to ensure the application process is seamless:
- Research programs: Check out the ADEA CAAPID Program Directory for information on all participating programs. The profile will indicate the application deadline for all programs.
- Collect materials: Know where to go to request transcripts from all colleges and dental schools attended. Speak with professors and mentors to determine who will write letters of evaluations. Develop a CV or resume with all activities and accomplishments. Write a personal statement about why this degree and field is the goal. Print out score sheets from all standardized tests taken.
- Review the application: Look over the application instructions and required documents. Make yourself familiar with the ADEA CAAPID Checklist.
- Take entrance exams: Refer to the program directory which includes information on which additional exams are accepted and which are preferred for each program.
- Network with other applicants: Visit www.godental.org to join in discussions about the application process and dental school coursework.
Contact ADEA CAAPID
Customer service is available Monday-Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET.
Phone Number: 617-612-2035