This section includes an applicant’s previous attendance at colleges, universities or dental schools; standardized test scores; completed continuing educations courses; and any advanced dental education programs attended. Many portions of this section are required.
This section requires an applicant to list all undergraduate, graduate, or professional institutions attended or currently attending. ADEA CAAPID requires applicants to provide information about, and a transcript for, all U.S. coursework in addition to the dental school attended.
To Add a College
- Type the full name of the institution and select the official name of the college from the drop-down list, making sure to search for all possible formats of the institution name.
- If the name includes a specific campus, a hyphen may be needed between the name of the school and the campus name to find the institution in the list.
- If the name includes abbreviations (e.g., “St.” for Saint), a period may be needed at the end of the abbreviation.
- Include this information about each school: term, degree type, dates of attendance and major.
IMPORTANT: Applicants should list their dental school college as well as all U.S. postsecondary institutions attended in this section.
To Send in a Transcript or
Once each U.S. institution is added, a “Download Transcript Request Form” button will appear. Applicants can print this form to accompany their transcript. The form will speed up processing but is not mandatory.
- All U.S. transcripts should be sent to the address below. Only official transcripts directly from the institution are accepted.
- ADEA CAAPID Transcript Processing Center
P.O. Box 9116
Watertown, MA 02471
An electronic course-by-course transcript evaluation
of the dental degree is from either ECE or WES. Foreign transcript evaluations completed by any other organization will not be accepted and should not be sent to ADEA CAAPID.
Electronic foreign transcript evaluations must be requested using the “Order Evaluation” button located beneath the name of the dental school directly within the ADEA CAAPID application after listing the dental school attended. Evaluations sent outside of the ADEA CAAPID application
will not be accepted.
Reapplicants, allow up to two business days for the previously received ECE and WES foreign transcript evaluations to carry forward and show as received. New foreign transcript evaluations should be requested only if additional coursework has been completed since the previous evaluation was
requested or ADEA CAAPID customer service confirm the evaluation needs to be resubmitted.
IMPORTANT: While ADEA CAAPID accepts foreign transcript evaluations from both ECE and WES, each advanced standing program may have a preferred or required evaluating organization. Applicants should check the specific foreign transcript evaluation requirements for each program they are applying to on the
ADEA CAAPID Directory.
Dental Education Programs
Applicants can list any advanced dental education programs completed or in-progress at the time of application. Applicants can list programs in any of the 11 program types provided and will need to provide the name of the program, the institution and country it was completed in, the level of the program
(internship, externship, fellowship, graduate certificate or residency) and the dates of attendance. The advanced dental education program types provided are:
- Advanced education in general dentistry.
- Dental public health.
- General practice residency.
- Oral and maxillofacial pathology.
- Oral and maxillofacial radiology.
- Oral and maxillofacial surgery.
- Pediatric dentistry.