University of Washington School of Dentistry
Download a PDF of the ADEA CAAPID profile for the University of Washington School of Dentistry.
Description of Program
The University of Washington International Dentist DDS Program offers qualified graduates of foreign dental programs the opportunity to earn the Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) degree at the University of Washington School of Dentistry. Successful completion of a pre-clinical qualification course and the advanced standing placement DDS program will allow graduates to take state or region board examinations to be eligible for dental licensure and dental practice within the Unites States.
University of Washington
School of Dentistry
Office of Education Partnerships and Diversity
1959 NE Pacific Street
Seattle, WA 98195
Length of Program: 26 months
Program Deadline: July 5, 2014
Start Date: March 2015
Class Size: 5
Degree Awarded: D.D.S.
Requirements to apply to program
English Language Proficiency
- Must be proficient in the English language
- Applicants whose native language is not English are required to take the TOEFL
- Accept Internet Based TOEFL (IBT) scores only
- Suggested minimum TOEFL IBT score is 92 or above
National Board Dental Examination Requirements
- Program requires passage of Part I NBDE to be considered for admission
- Submit official National Board Dental Examination scores to program directly (not to ADEA CAAPID) after submitting CAAPID application.
Letter of Evaluation
- Program requests three Letters of Evaluation; one letter must be current and dated within the past 12 months.
- Program prefers one Letter of Evaluation to come from the dean of dental school from which applicant graduated
- Letters of evaluation must be written in English, or translated by a bonafied U.S. translator if the letter(s) are written a language other than English.
Transcripts and Evaluations
- Applicant must submit to ADEA CAAPID a detailed course-by-course evaluation by ECE
- If admitted, program will require official transcripts to be sent directly to program (not to ADEA CAAPID)
- Send $150.00 non-refundable application fee to program (not to ADEA CAAPID) after submitting CAAPID application, with the other documents listed below:
- Money Order or Cashier’s check should be made payable to UWIDDS
- No personal checks accepted.
Other Documents That Should Be Sent Directly to Program (not to ADEA CAAPID)
- Send 2X2 photograph to program (not to ADEA CAAPID) after submitting ADEA CAAPID application
- All documents sent directly to the school must contain the applicants CAAPID number for cross referencing