University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine
Download a PDF of the ADEA CAAPID profile for the University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine.
Description of Program
Program for Advanced Standing Students (PASS) is designed for graduates of
foreign dental schools who want to practice dentistry in the United States.
Most states require a degree from a dental school accredited by the American
Dental Association before granting licensure. The University of Pennsylvania
School of Dental Medicine offers a two-year program that leads to a D.M.D. degree
to prepare non-U.S. trained dentists.
University of Pennsylvania
School of Dental Medicine
240 South 40th Street, Room 122
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Length of Program: 24 months
Program Deadline: July 10, 2015
Start Date: March 28, 2016
Class Size: Approximately 25-30
Degree Awarded: D.M.D.
Requirements to apply to program
English Language Proficiency
- Must be proficient in the English language
- All applicants must take the TOEFL exam to be considered for admission; no exceptions.
- Must submit original TOEFL score directly to program (not to ADEA CAAPID) prior to application deadline
- Score must be current within two years of the application deadline
National Board Dental Examination Requirements
- Program requires passage of Part I NBDE to be considered for admissions
- Submit official Part I NBDE scores to program (not to ADEA CAAPID) prior to application deadline
Letters of Evaluation
- Applicant must submit to ADEA CAAPID:
- Program requires one Letter of Evaluation from the dean or principal of dental school from which applicant graduated
- Program requires one Letter of Evaluation from a faculty member from the dental school from which applicant graduated,
- Program requires one Letter of Evaluation from another faculty member, dental professional or work supervisor. Letters
of evaluation from supervisors of work performed in the U.S. are highly encouraged.
Transcripts and Evaluations
- Applicant must submit to ADEA CAAPID a course-by-course evaluation by ECE
- Send application fee to program (not to ADEA CAAPID) prior to application deadline
- $75 check or money order payable to the Trustees of the Univ. of Pennsylvania
Other documents that should be sent to program (not to ADEA CAAPID)
- Penn Dental Supplemental Application (interactive PDF) available for download at www.dental.upenn.edu.
- Essay responses must be submitted with the Penn Dental Supplemental Application in question/answer format prior to the application deadline. Do not send personal statements.
- Please refer to the Penn Dental website for detailed information regarding admissions and application requirements.