University of Oklahoma College of Dentistry
Download a PDF of the ADEA CAAPID profile for the University of Oklahoma College of Dentistry.
Description of Program
A 29-month program for international dental graduates who are US citizens or permanent residents and are seeking to complete an accredited doctoral program in dentistry so as to be eligible for licensure to practice in the US. Following an initial 4-month review and intensive skills development course, students merge with the junior class to complete the final two years of the DDS curriculum.
Kevin Haney, DDS, MS
University of Oklahoma College of Dentistry (OUCOD)
1201 N. Stonewall Ave.
Oklahoma City, OK 73117
Length of Program: 29 months (minimum)
Program Deadline: September 1, 2015
Start Date: January 11, 2016
Class Size: 4
Degree Awarded: D.D.S.
Requirements to apply to program
English Language Proficiency
- TOEFL test scores are required for all non-native English speaking applicants
- Internet-based TOEFL (iBT) scores are preferred
- Minimum 94 (iBT), suggested 100 (iBT) or above to be competitive
- Provide TOEFL information to ADEA CAAPID only; do not submit documentation to OUCOD
- More information about program TOEFL requirements is available at
http://www.ouhsc.edu/admissions/International_Applicants_Official_TOEFL_Scores.htm. OUCOD institutional code is 6902. TOEFL scores more than 2 years are not accepted.
National Board Dental Examination Requirements
- Passing score on NBDE Part I
- NBDE Part II is optional but will be considered if score is provided
- Provide NBDE information to ADEA CAAPID only; do not submit test report(s) to OUCOD
Letter of Evaluation
- Two Letters of Evaluation are required.
- One Letter of Evaluation should come from dean or senior administrator of dental school from which applicant graduated.
- Additional letter(s) from faculty at former dental school is preferred.
- Submit letters to ADEA CAAPID
Transcripts and Evaluations
- A WES course-by-course evaluation of transcript from dental school and any other colleges attended outside the U.S. is required. We only accept the WES. The ECE evaluated transcripts are NOT acceptable
- Official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended in the U.S. and Canada
- Submit evaluations and transcripts to ADEA CAAPID
Other documents that should be sent directly to program (not to ADEA CAAPID)
OU Supplemental Application is submitted directly to the program
- OU Supplemental Application fee is $98
- Please submit OU Supplemental Application/fee at the time you submit ADEA CAAPID application; do not wait for a request.
- Eligibility restricted to permanent residents and U.S. citizens who have completed a dental degree from a country outside the U.S. and Canada.
- Only applicants for whom we have received both the ADEA CAAPID application and the OUCOD Supplemental Application will be considered for admission
- Please do not submit original documents to OUCOD. Only admitted students are required to submit original documents (i.e. TOEFL scores, NBDE reports, 2x2 photo, proof of residency, transcripts, evaluations) directly to our program.