University of Louisville School of Dentistry
Download a PDF of the ADEA CAAPID profile for the University of Louisville School of Dentistry .
Description of Program
The University of Louisville School of Dentistry offers an Advanced Standing admission option into the DMD program for selected individuals who have received a dental degree from an institution outside the United States or Canada. The total number of students admitted is dependent upon the school’s available resources. Therefore,
it is highly restrictive and generally limited to three or less candidates per
year. The program may be customized for each admitted student and is typically a 28-month program.
University of Louisville
School of Dentistry
Office of Student Affairs, Room 234
501 S. Preston St.
Louisville, KY 40202
Length of Program: minimum of 28 months
Program Deadline: All ULSD application materials must be received by June 15, 2016
Start Date: January, 2016
Class Size: based on space available
Degree Awarded: D.M.D.
Tuition: Same as ULSD traditional program
Current tuition rates listed on Tuition & Aid page at:
Requirements to apply to program - submit the following to CAAPID
English Language Proficiency
- Must be proficient in the English language
- Applicants whose native language is not English are required to provide TOEFL scores unless they have taken at least 90 college credit hours in a U.S. or Canadian institution of higher education.
- Only Internet-based
scores -TOEFL (iBT) are accepted- submit to CAAPID
- Preference given to those scoring at or above a total score of 100 and 26 in speaking and listening
- The institution code for submitting TOEFL scores to the University of Louisville School of Dentistry is 5933. For more information about TOEFL testing, go to: www.ets.org.
requirement may initially be waived if applicant has completed a masters degree
or 90 college credit hours in the U.S. The Admissions Committee reserves the
right to request TOEFL scores at any point in the process. To request a waiver,
please email qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org .
National Board Dental Examination Requirements
- Program requires passing of NBDE Part I to be considered for admission
- Submit Part I National Board Dental Examination results to CAAPID
- Application eligibility requires minimum score of 75 on Part I or “pass” if no numerical score is issued
- Short essay describing why you desire to enter the DMD program
Letter of Evaluation
- Two letters of evaluation required (one professional and one from the senior administrator or dean of applicant’s dental school), written within one year of the application- submit to CAAPID
Transcripts and Evaluations
- Applicant must submit to CAAPID a detailed evaluation by Educational Credentials Evaluators, Inc. (ECE) www.ece.org
- Pay $65 application fee to program online only AFTER requested to do so by program—DO NOT send payments to ULSD until requested.
Only applications that are complete
with all the ULSD requirements listed above fulfilled by the application
deadline of June 15 will be considered by the Admissions Committee. This means
the applicant must have paid the ULSD application fee and all ULSD required
documents must have been received in the ULSD office prior to the deadline.
Applicants- please DO NOT submit
original documents to ULSD. Only admitted students are required to submit
original documents directly to ULSD after enrollment.