University of Florida College of Dentistry
Click here to print a PDF of the ADEA CAAPID profile for the University of Florida College of Dentistry.
Description of Program
This 4-year program leads to a Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) Degree
and was designed for Internationally-Educated Dentists who are legal residents
of the state of Florida.
residents have priority in admissions to this program. To be eligible for
admissions, you must be a United
States citizen or have a permanent resident
visa and proof of your status. Participants will join the first year
predoctoral class at the time of matriculation and move with the class through
Dr. Pamela Sandow
University of Florida
College of Dentistry
Office of Admissions
P.O. Box 100445
Gainesville, FL 32610-0445
Length of Program: 48 months
Program Deadline: November 11, 2016
Start Date: August, 2017
Class Size: Up to 2, based upon number of qualified applicants.
Degree Awarded: D.M.D.
Requirements to apply to program
English Language Proficiency
- Must be proficient in the English language.
All applicants are required to take the TOEFL
- Must submit original TOEFL score report directly to program
- Successful completion of TOEFL is required; scores above 80 (internet based) are considered acceptable
National Board Dental Examination Requirements
- Submit official DAT. Scores to program after submitting ADEA CAAPID application.
Dental Admission Test Requirements
- Submit official DAT scores to program after submitting ADEA CAAPID application.
Letter of Evaluation
- Two Letters of Evaluation are required. Provide one personal and one professional Letter of Evaluation.
- Program prefers one Letter of Evaluation to come from the dean of the dental school from which applicant graduated.
Transcripts and Evaluations
Applicant must submit to ADEA CAAPID a Course by
Course evaluation report from ECE or WES with a GPA
- At the University of Florida College of Dentistry,
the supplemental application with fee ($30) is by invitation
only. If the Admissions Committee would like to invite you to
complete the supplemental application they will contact you via
Other documents that should be sent directly to program (not to ADEA CAAPID)
- Official Dental
Admission Test, www.ada.org.
- Proof of US citizenship or copy of the front and back
of a Resident Alien Visa (Green Card).
- NOTE: This program requires four academic years to complete.
- Graduation from a recognized dental school outside of the United States
- Upon acceptance to the program, applicants will be required to submit the following documents:
- Official dental school transcripts
- Original or certified copy of dental school diploma
NOTE: UF also offers a 2-year AEGD Program for Internationally-Educated Dentists. The AEGD application is through PASS. The 2-year AEGD program is specifically designed for international dentists who want to practice dentistry in the state of Florida. For more information, see admisisons.ufl.edu/iedp