University of Florida College of Dentistry
Click here to print a PDF of the ADEA CAAPID profile for the University of Florida College of Dentistry.
Description of Program
This 4-year program leads to a Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) Degree and was designed for internationally educated dentists who are legal residents of the state of Florida. Florida residents have priority in admissions to this program. To be eligible for admissions, you must be a United States citizen or have a permanent resident visa and proof of your status. Participants will join the first year predoctoral class at the time of matriculation and move with the class through the curriculum.
Dr. Pamela Sandow
University of Florida
College of Dentistry
P.O. Box 100445
Gainesville, FL 32610-0445
Length of Program: 48 months
Program Deadline: November 15, 2014
Start Date: August, 2015
Class Size: Up to 2, based upon number of qualified applicants.
Degree Awarded: D.M.D.
Requirements to apply to program
English Language Proficiency
- Must be proficient in the English language.
- Applicants whose native language is not English are required to take the TOEFL
- Must submit original TOEFL score report directly to program (not to ADEA CAAPID)
- Successful completion of TOEFL is required; scores above 80 (internet based) are considered acceptable
National Board Dental Examination Requirements
- Submit official DAT. Scores to program after submitting ADEA CAAPID application
Letter of Evaluation
- Two Letters of Evaluation are required. Provide one personal and one professional Letter of Evaluation.
- Program prefers one Letter of Evaluation to come from the dean of dental school from which applicant graduated.
Transcripts and Evaluations
- Applicant must submit to ADEA CAAPID official transcript translated and certified, with a GPA, in a Course by Course evaluation report from ECE or WES..
Other documents that should be sent directly to program (not to ADEA CAAPID)
- Supplemental application available on website
- Official Dental Admission Test, www.ada.org.
- Official TOEFL scores, www.toefl.org.
- Proof of US citizenship or copy of the front and back of a Resident Alien Visa (Green Card).
- NOTE: This program requires four academic years to complete.
- Graduation from a recognized dental school outside of the United States
- Upon acceptance to the program, applicants will be required to submit the following documents:
- Official dental school transcripts
- Certified copy of diploma
NOTE: UF also offers a 2-year AEGD Program. The AEGD application is through PASS. The 2-year AEGD program is specifically designed for international dentists who want to practice dentistry in the state of Florida.