University of Colorado School of Dental Medicine
Click here to print a PDF of the ADEA CAAPID profile for University of Colorado School of Dental Medicine.
Description of Program
International Student Program Website
The International Student Program offers qualified graduates of foreign dental programs the opportunity to earn the Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) degree at the University of Colorado School of Dental Medicine. Graduates of this two-year accredited DDS program may take any state or regional board, and thus are eligible for licensure and practice within the United States.
The program consists of didactic courses supported by some on-line resources, pre-clinical simulated courses provided within the School of Dental Medicine and clinical courses involving direct patient care in the School’s clinic and community-based urban and rural health clinics.
Beatriz Bustamante or Marci Colb
University of Colorado
School of Dental Medicine
13065 E 17th Ave. Suites 403
Mail Stop F838
Aurora, CO 80045
Telephone: 303-724-7060 / 303-724-7066
Length of Program: 24 months
Program Deadline: January 16, 2015
Start Date: January 4, 2016
Class Size: 40
Degree Awarded: D.D.S.
Requirements to apply to program
English Language Proficiency
- All applicants must take the TOEFL to be considered for admission. A minimum score of 94 (no exceptions) is required for application consideration.
- Score received at the time of application must be less than two years old from the date exam was taken.
National Board Dental Examination Requirements
- Program requires passage of Part I NBDE to be considered for admission.
- Part II is encouraged but not required.
Letter of Evaluation
- Program requires three Letters of Evaluation/Recommendation; original or hard copy is requested.
- Letters must be less than 12 months old at the time they are received.
- Letters may come from dentists, non-dentists, deans, educators of various post graduate programs the applicant may be enrolled or have enrolled in, or from current or past employers and charities volunteered for. The letters of evaluation should come from those who have direct and current knowledge of the applicant and should address the applicant’s work ethic, personality, knowledge base, personal skills, clinical dental skills, character and reliability.
Transcripts and Evaluations
- Applicant must submit to ADEA CAAPID a detailed course-by-course evaluation by either ECE (preferred and more valuable) or WES.
- Dental school certified degree and confirmation from ECE or WES required.
- Transcripts from any U.S. institution or post-doctoral programs must be included.
- Send application fee to program (not to ADEA CAAPID) a non-refundable supplemental application processing fee of $50.00, in the form of a cashier’s check or money order. The application fee must be included with each application package. Please make checks payable to University of Colorado Denver School of Dental Medicine (UCD SODM).
- If invited for an interview, a bench exam fee will be requested. Total fee and details will be sent with the email interview invitation.
Other documents that should be sent directly to the program (not to ADEA CAAPID):
- Please include all 6 items in ONE ENVELOPE, IN ORDER and submit directly to the program by April 1, 2015 (documents do not need to be in sealed envelopes).
- Dental Experience. This may be submitted in form of a curriculum vitae, resume or an essay.
- Notarized copy of your dental degree or diploma. If written in a language other than English, it must be accompanied by a translation from an official U.S. Translator.
- Official NBDE Part 1 Score. Notarized copies are not accepted. Please DO NOT order ADA to send scores directly to School. NBDE score should be included with rest of supplemental
- Official TOEFL score report. Notarized copies are not accepted. Please DO NOT order ETS to send scores directly to School. TOEFL score should be included with rest of the supplemental documents and be sent all together in one envelope.
- Board of Regents Questionnaire. This form can be downloaded from the below link: Board of Regents Questionnaire.
- Money Order or Cashier Check $50.00 processing application fee.
All CAAPID Letters of Evaluation/Recommendation must be dated and be less than a year old at the time the application was submitted. We also do not accept letters without dates, without original signatures, without email or physical addresses, or without phone or contact information. Proper letterhead is expected.
If the letters you have submitted to CAAPID fail to meet the criteria mentioned above you should resubmit valid letters with your supplemental documents. Your application will be considered incomplete without valid Letters of Evaluation/Recommendation.
Remember to include any transcripts from any US institution or post-doctoral programs that you may have with your supplemental documents.
“Only applications that are complete, meet the deadline, and meet the requirements will be reviewed and considered for admission.”