University at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine
Print a PDF of the ADEA CAAPID profile for the University at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine.
Description of Program
The International Dentist Program at the University at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine is designed to provide qualified dentists educated outside the United States with the with the education and experience required to earn a U.S. dental degree. Participants
will earn a Doctor of Dental Surgery (D.D.S.) degree following an intensive two-year didactic and clinical program.
University at Buffalo
School of Dental Medicine
315 Squire Hall
Buffalo, NY 14214
Length of Program: 24 months
Program Deadline: May 31, 2018
Start Date: May 20, 2019
Class Size: 24
Degree Awarded: D.D.S.
Requirements to apply to program
English Language Proficiency
- Must be proficient in the English language.
- Applicants whose native language is not English are required to take the TOEFL with a score at or above minimum of 79 internet based.
- TOEFL scores must be obtained within two years of the start of the program (May 1, 2017 and after for 2019 admission).
scores of 90 or better are considered competitive by the admissions committee.
- TOEFL score
reports dated from January 1 – April 30, 2017 will be considered for review by
the Admissions Committee. If selected to bench test and interview, candidates with January 1 – April 30, 2017 scores will be asked to submit an updated TOEFL prior to our interview day to meet our admissions requirements and submission timeframe (two years from the start of the program).
- You must make arrangements to submit official TOEFL
scores to CAAPID. TOEFL submission instructions are located on this webpage:
- You must self-report TOEFL scores in the CAAPID portal
- The committee will not know your TOEFL scores unless you self-report and submit official scores to your online CAAPID application.
- Note: IDP interview dates have no bearing on TOEFL score timeframes. We adhere to program start date to determine TOEFL score timeframes.
- Note: Other dental
schools may have a different TOEFL policy. Please be sure to consult with each specific school you apply to for their individual TOEFL policy.
- Note: Our program does not accept the International English Language Testing System [IELTS] exam to meet our English Language Proficiency requirement.
National Board Dental Examination Requirements
- Program requires passage of Part I NBDE to be considered for admission.
- Applicants who have passed NBDE Part II will be given
preference for admission.
- You must make
arrangements to submit official NBDE scores to CAAPID.
- You must self-report NBDE Part 1 & Part 2 NBDE
scores in the CAAPID portal.
- The committee will not know if you passed NBDE Part I and Part II in your online CAAPID application if you don’t self-report and submit official NBDE scores.
- Applicants with NBDE scores older than 2012 must submit official NBDE score reports to our office directly
Advanced Dental Admission Test (ADAT)
- Completion of the ADAT will not be considered during application review for admission to the program.
Letter of Evaluation
- Applicants must submit three Letters of Evaluation through the ADEA CAAPID portal (do not send directly to the school)
- Letters should come from academic faulty or dental professionals who can best attest to your skills, abilities, and personal attributes.
Transcripts and Evaluations
- Applicants must submit a detailed Educational Credential Evaluator [ECE] course-by-course evaluation to ADEA CAAPID.
- Our school does not accept the World Education Services [WES] evaluation.
- Bench test and interviewing are part of the University at Buffalo IDP application process.
- Selected candidates will receive additional interview and bench test information.
- Note: selected applicants will be required to
submit a mandatory bench test fee.