University at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine
Click here to print a PDF of the ADEA CAAPID profile for the University at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine.
Description of Program
The International Dentist Program at the University at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine is designed to provide qualified dentists educated outside the United States with the with the education and experience required to earn a U.S. dental degree. Participants will earn a Doctor of Dental Surgery (D.D.S.) degree following an intensive two year didactic and clinical program.
University at Buffalo
School of Dental Medicine
315 Squire Hall
Buffalo, NY 14214
Length of Program: 24 months
Program Deadline: June 1, 2014
Start Date: May 26, 2015
Class Size: 24
Degree Awarded: D.D.S.
Requirements to apply to program
English Language Proficiency
- Must be proficient in the English language.
- Applicants whose native language is not English are required to take the TOEFL with a score at or above minimum of 550 (written) / 213 (computer based) / 79 (internet based) or better obtained within two years of the start of the program (May 2013 for 2015 admission).
National Board Dental Examination Requirements
- Program requires passage of Part I NBDE to be considered for admission.
- Applicants who have passed NBDE Part II will be given preference for admission.
Letter of Evaluation
- Applicant must submit three Letters of Evaluation to ADEA CAAPID (do not send directly to the school).
- Program prefers one Letter of Evaluation to come from dean of dental school from which applicant graduated.
Transcripts and Evaluations
- Applicant must submit to ADEA CAAPID a detailed course-by-course evaluation by WES.
- If admitted, program will require official transcripts from dental program to be sent directly to program.
Other documents that should be sent directly to program (not to ADEA CAAPID)
- If you are enrolled in a Graduate / Masters Program within the USA or Canada, submit an official transcript to the School of Dental Medicine at the above address.
- Qualified applicants will be invited for an interview and bench test, with mandatory bench test fee.