University at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine
Click here to print a PDF of the ADEA CAAPID profile for the University at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine.
Description of Program
The International Dentist
Program at the University at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine is designed to
provide qualified dentists educated outside the United States with the with the
education and experience required to earn a U.S. dental degree. Participants
will earn a Doctor of Dental Surgery (D.D.S.) degree following an intensive
two-year didactic and clinical program.
University at Buffalo
School of Dental Medicine
315 Squire Hall
Buffalo, NY 14214
Length of Program: 24 months
Program Deadline: May 17, 2016
Start Date: May 22, 2017
Class Size: 24
Degree Awarded: D.D.S.
Requirements to apply to program
English Language Proficiency
- Must be proficient in the English language.
- Applicants whose native language is not English are required to take the TOEFL with a score at or above minimum of 550 (written) / 213 (computer based) / 79 (internet based) or better obtained within two years of the start of the program (May 2015 for 2017 admission).
National Board Dental Examination Requirements
- Program requires passage of Part I NBDE to be considered for admission.
- Applicants who have passed NBDE Part II will be given preference for admission.
Letter of Evaluation
- Applicant must submit three Letters of Evaluation to ADEA CAAPID (do not send directly to the school).
- Program prefers one Letter of Evaluation to come from dean of dental school from which applicant graduated.
Transcripts and Evaluations
- Applicant must submit to ADEA CAAPID a detailed course-by-course evaluation by ECE or WES.
- If admitted, program will require official transcripts from dental program to be sent directly to program.
- Qualified applicants will be invited for an interview and bench test, with mandatory bench test fee.