University of California, Los Angeles School of Dentistry
Download a PDF of the ADEA CAAPID profile for the University of California, Los Angeles School of Dentistry .
Description of Program
The Professional Program for International Dentists (PPID) commences with pre-clinical review courses that include didactic and clinical preparatory instruction. After completing these courses, students will be provided the same experiences as 3rd year students in the traditional 4-year program. Once integrated, PPID students will be granted the same opportunities in research, clinical experience, professional development and extracurricular activities as are available to the traditional students.
Office of Student Affairs
10833 Le Conte Avenue
Room A0-111 CHS
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1762
Length of Program: 25 months
Application Deadline: All required documents must be received in our office by July 11, 2014 at 4:00 PM PST.
Start Date: Late May, 2015
Class Size: 20
Degree Awarded: D.D.S.
Admissions Requirements & Application Materials
To be considered for admission, each applicant must fulfill the following steps:
Step 1: ADEA CAAPID Application
Submit an online application to ADEA's Centralized Application for Advanced Placement for International Dentists (CAAPID) by the application deadline.
The following documents must be submitted directly to CAAPID:
ECE Course-by-Course Report
- All applicants are required to have their transcripts translated and evaluated by the Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc. (ECE) in a "Detail Report" / "Course by Course" report sent directly to ADEA CAAPID
- We do not accept WES reports
- If admitted, UCLA PPID will require official an ECE report to be sent directly to the Office of Student Affairs
Three Letters of Recommendation
- UCLA PPID accepts up to three Letters of Evaluation
- Applicants must submit one letter of recommendation from each of the following individuals:
We recommend that letters of recommendation be written within the last 2 years
Letters of recommendation must be sent directly to ADEA CAAPID
- Dean or head of the applicant’s dental school
- Dental school clinical instructor who is able to evaluate the applicant’s potential
- A person of the applicant’s choosing, preferably someone with whom the applicant has worked with
Step 2: PPID Supplemental Application Form
The PPID supplemental application will be emailed to you upon completion of your CAAPID application. Please email a completed and accurate PPID Supplemental Application to email@example.com by the application deadline, 4 p.m. PST on July 11, 2014. Late applications will not be considered. Begin the application process early and leave time to submit your application by our deadline date, as we will not make any exceptions.
The following documents must be submitted directly to the Office of Student Affairs:
- A non-refundable application fee of US $150 (Money Order or Cashier’s Check ONLY) made payable to the “UC Regents”, must be submitted directly to the Office of Student Affairs by the application deadline
- Personal checks are not accepted
National Board Dental Examination Requirements
- Official score can be submitted by the applicant or by the administrator of the examination directly to the Office of Student Affairs (School Code: 05) by the application deadline
- Program requires only passage of Part I NBDE to be considered for admission
English Language Proficiency (TOEFL)
- Must be proficient in the English language
- All applicants must take the TOEFL to be considered for admission
- Official score can be submitted by the applicant or by the administrator of the examination directly to the Office of Student Affairs (Campus Code: 8354 / Department Code: 38) by the application deadline
- They must meet the following minimum section requirements for the internet-based TOEFL (iBT): Writing: 25, Speaking: 24, Reading: 21, Listening: 17; with an overall minimum passing score of 87. The minimum score requirement for the paper-based TOEFL (PBT) is 560
Curriculum Vitae/Professional Resume
- A current copy of the applicant’s curriculum vitae/professional resume must be submitted to the Office of Student Affairs by the application deadline
- Please include education, professional employment/organizations, research/publications, honors/awards, and community service
Other documents that should be sent directly to the Office of Student Affairs (not to CAAPID)
- The supplementary application will be emailed to you upon completion of the CAAPID application. The supplemental application form must be submitted to the Office of Student Affairs by the application deadline, along with a 2x2 photograph
- The Admissions Committee will review all application files and select finalist for a written and bench examination. Should you be selected, you will be notified by mid-October and will need to provide a non-refundable testing fee of US $300 (Money Order or Cashier’s Check) made payable to the UC Regents. Applicants who pass the bench and written examination will be invited for a personal interview which will take place one to two days after the examinations.
- Notification of acceptances will be sent no later than mid-November. Candidates offered admissions to the program are expected to submit a non-refundable deposit within 21 days of acceptance.