The Maurice H. Kornberg School of Dentistry, Temple University
Click here to print a PDF of the ADEA CAAPID profile for The Maurice H. Kornberg School of Dentistry, Temple University.
Description of Program
The Advanced Standing Program offers admission to the second or third year of the curriculum at the Kornberg School of Dentistry. The available number of seats is based on attrition. Advanced Standing students will be held to the same standards as students regularly enrolled in the program. Those students who successfully complete the requirements for graduation will receive a Doctor of Dental Medicine (D.M.D.) degree.
The Maurice H. Kornberg School of Dentistry,
Office of Admissions, Diversity, and Student Services
3223 North Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19140
Length of Program: 2nd year class (36 Months); 3rd year class (24 Months)
Program Deadline: May 15, 2015
All Documents Must be Received by May 15, 2015
Start Date*: August 22, 2016
Class Size: Depends on space availability in 2nd or third year class.
Degree Awarded: D.M.D.
* Possible spots available for 2015 class.
Requirements to apply to program
English Language Proficiency
- Must be proficient in the English language.
- All applicants must successfully complete the TOEFL IBT with a score of 94 or above. TOEFL scores must be current; no more than two years old.
- TOEFL must be completed and submitted to ADEA CAAPID no later than May 15, 2015.
National Board Dental Examination Requirements
- Program requires passage of NBDE Parts I to be considered for admission.
- National Board scores must be completed and submitted to ADEA CAAPID no later than May 15, 2015.
Letter of Evaluation
- Program requires two Letters of Evaluation. One letter must be from the Dean of the dental college attended and one letter from a Science or Dental Professor.
- Letters of Evaluation must be submitted to ADEA CAAPID no later than May 15, 2015.
Transcripts and Evaluations
- Applicant must submit to ADEA CAAPID a detailed ECE.
- Send application fee to program (not to ADEA CAAPID) only if requested to do so by program.
Other documents that should be sent directly to the program (not to ADEA CAAPID):
- Supplemental application and request for fee will be sent once the application has been received and processed.
- Supplemental application and fee must be received by the dental school upon request.