The Maurice H. Kornberg School of Dentistry, Temple University
Download a PDF of the ADEA CAAPID profile for The Maurice H. Kornberg School of Dentistry, Temple University.
Description of Program
The Advanced Standing Program offers admission to the second or third year of the curriculum at the Kornberg School of Dentistry. The available number of seats is based on attrition. If
vacated seats are available in the 2nd or 3rd year of the
pre-doctoral program, foreign trained dental school applicants will be
considered to fill the vacate seats. In the case that there is no seat
availability, the admissions cycle for the Advanced Standing Program will end
and applicants must re-apply. Advanced Standing students will be held to the
same standards as students regularly enrolled in the program. Those students
who successfully complete the requirements for graduation will receive a Doctor
of Dental Medicine (D.M.D.) degree.
C. Terry Griffin
The Maurice H. Kornberg School of Dentistry,
Office of Admissions, Diversity, and Student Services
3223 North Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19140
Length of Program: 2nd year class (36 Months); 3rd year class (24 Months)
Program Deadline: May 16, 2016
All Documents Must be Received by May 16, 2016
Start Date*: August 21, 2017
Class Size: Based on space availability
Degree Awarded: D.M.D.
Requirements to apply to program
English Language Proficiency
- Must be proficient in the English language.
- All applicants must successfully complete the TOEFL IBT with a score of 94 or above. TOEFL score must be current; no more than two years old.
or notarized copy of TOEFL examination will be requested by the school if invited to interview.
National Board Dental Examination Requirements
- Program requires passage of NBDE Part I to be considered for admission into the Sophomore class.
requires passage of NBDE Part I and Part II to be considered for admission into
the Junior class.
or notarized copies of NBDE will be requested
by the school if invited to interview.
Letter of Evaluation
- Program requires two Letters of Evaluation written within one year from the date of application. One letter must be from the Dean of the dental college attended and one letter from a Science or Dental Professor.
- Letters of Evaluation must be submitted to ADEA CAAPID no later than May 16, 2016.
Transcripts and Evaluations
- Applicant must submit to ADEA CAAPID a detailed ECE.
- No application fee for the program at this time (subject to change).
Other documents that should be sent directly to the program (not to ADEA CAAPID):
- Supplemental application and request for fee will be sent once the application has been received and processed.
- Supplemental application and fee must be received by the dental school upon request.
Assessment Examination may be required for 2nd and 3rd
year applicants who are invited to interview. Please visit the website at www.temple.edu/dentistry for