Loma Linda University School of Dentistry
Download a PDF of the ADEA CAAPID profile for the Loma Linda University School of Dentistry .
Description of Program
International Dental Program is designed to allow qualified dentists educated
in countries outside the United States
to earn Doctor of Dental Surgery (D.D.S.) degrees in the United States.
The D.D.S. degree from a United States dental school is an educational
requirement for eligibility to take the dental licensure examination in many
states. The program has a minimum length of two academic years, but may be
extended, when necessary, to meet the needs of a particular student.
Office of Admissions
Loma Linda University
School of Dentistry
PH Room 5503
Loma Linda, CA 92350
Length of Program: 24 months
Program Deadline: June 1, 2017
Start Date: March 2018
Class Size: 20-24
Degree Awarded: D.D.S.
Requirements to apply to program
English Language Proficiency
- Must demonstrate acceptable English speaking and reading skills. Applicants whose native language is not English are required to take the TOEFL.
National Board Dental Examination Requirements
- Must pass NBDE Part I and II to be considered for admission.
- Submit official National Board Scores to LLU during supplemental application process. (Official report must be mailed directly to LLU by ADA.)
Advanced Dental Admission Test (ADAT) Requirements
- Completion of the ADAT is accepted, but NOT REQUIRED for admission to the program.
Letter of Evaluation
- Program accepts up to three Letters of Recommendation
- Program prefers one Recommendation to come from former teachers or mentors who can attest to applicant’s character, conduct and professional ability.
Transcripts and Evaluations
- A detailed evaluation by ECE or WES must be submitted to ADEA CAAPID and to LLU during the supplemental application process.
- See International Student information at http://www.llu.edu under "Academics". Select "How to Apply" and review "International Transcripts" link.
- After receipt of your CAAPID application, instructions will be sent via email for a school specific supplemental application.
- $150.00 supplemental application fee
Other documents that should be sent directly to program (not to ADEA CAAPID)
- Send an electronic 2” X 2” photograph to LLU (not to ADEA CAAPID) during the supplemental application process
- Qualified applicants will be invited for dexterity and case study testing, with fee.
- Based on dexterity and case study testing results, applicants may be invited to interview.