Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine
Download a PDF of the ADEA CAAPID profile for the Boston University College of Dentistry.
Description of Program
The Advanced Standing D.M.D. Program at Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine is a 24-month course of study for internationally-trained dentists leading to a Doctor of Dental Medicine (D.M.D.) degree. Students pursue highly intensive clinical training while simultaneously following a rigorous academic curriculum. Advanced Standing students are also able to capitalize on the location of the dental school in the heart of Boston through community outreach and research opportunities.
Boston University Henry M. Goldman
School of Dental Medicine
100 East Newton Street, Suite G305
Boston, MA 02118, USA
Length of Program: 24 months
Program Deadline: December 31, 2016
Start Date: last week of July 2017
Class Size: 80
Degree Awarded: D.M.D.
Requirements to apply to program
English Language Proficiency
- Must be proficient in the English language.
whose native language is not English must arrange for ETS
(Educational Testing Service) to provide their TOEFL (Test of English as a
Foreign Language) scores to ADEA CAAPID.
Boston University minimum requirements for the iBT (Internet-based
TOEFL) subtests are: Listening -18; Reading – 21; Speaking – 23; Writing – 22. Boston
University does not post a minimum total iBT score requirement, but competitive
scores are 100 (iBT) and 600 (PBT paper-based test).
- Applicants who are selected to interview must submit an official paper TOEFL score report directly from ETS to Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine Admissions. The Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine TOEFL institution code is 3081, and the department code for dentistry is 38.
National Board Dental Examination Requirements
- Program requires passage of Part I NBDE to be considered for admission.
- Submit official National Board Dental Examination score report to program only when requested.
- Applicants who are selected to interview are required to submit official NBDE Part 1 results directly from the ADA Joint Commission on National Dental Examinations to Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine, Advanced Standing Admissions, Suite G305, 100 East Newton St., Boston MA 02118, USA.
Letters of Reference
- Program prefers one Letter of Reference to come from the dean of the dental school from which the applicant graduated.
- Applicants must have three letters of reference,
submitted directly to ADEA CAAPID. Letters must
be written on the official letterhead of the evaluator’s institution, organization
or dental practice and must contain the handwritten or electronic signature of
the evaluator. Letters without letterhead or signature may not be considered
Transcripts and Evaluations
- Applicants must arrange for ECE (Educational
Credential Evaluators, Inc.) to provide their final dental school transcript
electronic course-by-course detailed evaluation and translation to ADEA CAAPID.
- Accepted applicants will be required to submit an official paper ECE course-by-course transcript evaluation report directly from ECE to Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine, Advanced Standing Admissions, Suite G305, 100 East Newton St., Boston MA 02118, USA. The admitted applicant must also submit an official, final dental school transcript and a photocopy of their dental school diploma prior to matriculation.
- Instructions on how to submit the non-refundable application fee ($75 for U.S. citizens and U.S. Permanent Residents; $105 for international applicants) are included in the Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine's Program Materials section within the ADEA CAAPID application.
Other Documents That Should Be Sent Directly to Program (not to ADEA CAAPID)
Applicants should upload a
curriculum vitae (CV) or résumé through the CAAPID application Program Materials section of Boston
University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine.
- Limit CAAPID applicant uploads: include only required documents. Do not upload continuing education (CE) certificates, licenses or certificates of achievement, as extraneous documents delay application review.
- No paper documents should be submitted directly to Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine unless specifically requested by Advanced Standing Admissions.
- Applicants who are invited to interview should bring a recent 2" X 2" photograph of themselves with their name, ADEA CAAPID number and "Advanced Standing Applicant" written on the back of the picture.
- Applicants are required to have earned a dental degree outside the USA. Applicants may be foreign nationals, United States citizens or U.S. Permanent Residents.
- The Admissions Committee takes into account the applicant’s academic preparation, prior dental school grades, National Board Dental Examination Part I passage, and English language proficiency. Also considered are dental experience, research, teaching experience, further advanced education or dental training, as well as motivation for the study of dentistry. Letters of reference are important elements in the evaluation.
- The Admissions Committee contacts selected applicants regarding interview invitations by e-mail. A personal interview is required for admission, but does not guarantee acceptance.