On October 23, the National Governors Association (NGA) announced the new leadership of NGA’s standing committees for the 2013–14 year.
Education and Workforce Committee
- Gov. Steven Beshear (D-KY), chair
- Gov. Brian Sandoval (R-NV), vice chair
Health and Human Services Committee
- Gov. Bill Haslam (R-TN), chair
- Gov. Peter Shumlin (D-VT), vice chair
Economic Development and Commerce Committee
- Gov. Robert Bentley (R-AL), chair
- Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin (D-WV), vice chair
The chair and vice chair for the Homeland Security and Public Safety Committee and the Natural Resources Committee were also announced.