ADEA is proud to announce that the Fifth International Women’s Leadership Conference will take place September 14-16, 2014 in Barcelona, Spain. Additionally, ADEA has partnered with the Colgate-Palmolive Co. to offer participants scholarships for travel-related costs for those who otherwise would be unable to attend the conference. Logistics for this conference are being coordinated by the ADEA Access, Diversity and Inclusion (ADI) portfolio.
The conference will focus on identifying and showcasing women in leadership, with a global discourse emphasis.
The conference theme is “Global Health through Women’s Leadership.” The conference goals reflect identified needs as communicated by previous conferences participants:
- Cultivate a global discourse among women in dental education to improve oral health
- Identify and enhance the leadership potential of emerging women leaders
- Discuss trends in the oral health workforce globally
- Promote oral health literacy worldwide
- Engage women in community oral health research
- Address cultural competency concepts in a global context
- Develop skills for women balancing career and family obligations
- Recognize the increased value of allied health careers in the health workforce
- Explore alternative careers for women in dentistry
All are welcome and encouraged to attend. ADI is issuing a call for abstracts and applications for travel scholarships, which may be submitted to ADEA beginning in October. More details for selection criteria are to come.