ADEA and AAL present the ADEA/AAL Compass Program for Academic Advancement
to provide early- and mid-career faculty across the health professions with guidance and understanding about skills critical to academic success
: conducting educational research, receiving grants and writing for publication.
ADEA/AAL Compass alumni have called this program, “the most informative learning session I have attended.”
This three-day program will be held September 17-19, 2014, in Atlanta. The curriculum includes:
Conducting Educational Research
- Creating a research niche
- Identifying research questions
- Formulating hypotheses
- Data collection and analysis
- Finding sources of funding
- Key components of grant applications
- Writing techniques that enhance readability and persuasiveness
- Grant administration and outcome reports
Writing for Publication
- Characteristics of writing clear and compelling manuscripts
- Reasons for rejection of manuscripts
- Common academic writing problems
- Editing techniques for submission success
Tuition is $895, with a 10% discount for groups of three or more faculty from the same institution and for alumni of any AAL programs. Details about the program, including registration, are on the ADEA/AAL Compass website.
For questions and to arrange discounts, contact AAL Vice President, George Weinstein, at email@example.com or 404-350-2098.