ADEA and AAL present the ADEA/AAL Compass Program for Academic Advancement to provide early- and mid-career faculty with guidance and understanding about skills critical to academic success: conducting educational research, grant writing and writing for publication.
ADEA/AAL Compass alumni call this program, “the most informative learning session I have attended,” “very rich in content and beneficial for both junior-level and mid-career faculty,” and “a thorough course with great resources.”
This three-day program will be held on September 17–19, 2014 in Atlanta. The curriculum includes:
Conducting Educational Research
- Creating a research niche,
- Identifying research questions,
- Formulating hypotheses and
- Data collection and analysis.
- Finding sources of funding,
- Key components of grant applications,
- Writing techniques that enhance readability and persuasiveness and
- Grant administration and outcome reports.
Writing for Publication
- Characteristics of writing clear and compelling manuscripts,
- Reasons for rejection of manuscripts,
- Common academic writing problems and
- Editing techniques for submission success.
The tuition is $895. Discounts are available for groups of three or more faculty from the same institution and for alumni of any AAL programs.
Details about the program and registration are on the Compass program website. For questions and to arrange for discounts, contact AAL Vice President George Weinstein at email@example.com or 404-350-2098.