ADEA is pleased to announce the annual Open Call for Nominations for ADEA appointments. Each year, ADEA has the opportunity to make appointments to a number of committees, commissions and task forces within the organization, as well as similar appointments to external groups and organizations.
Beginning today, ADEA will accept nominations for appointments that provide significant opportunities for leadership development, recognizing outstanding service to the profession, giving back to the profession and for understanding and developing policy from a national and sometimes international perspective.
Positions for which ADEA is requesting nominations include:
ADEA Committee/Task Force Appointments
- ADEA AADSAS Task Force - Dental Student Member
- ADEA CAAPID Task Force - Program Directors or Admission Officers
- ADEA CAAPID Task Force - Dental Student Member
- ADEA DHCAS Task Force
- ADEA DHCAS Task Force (Student)
- ADEA House of Delegates Appointee to the ADEAGies Foundation Board
- ADEA Journal of Dental Education Editorial Review Board
- ADEA Legislative Advisory Committee
- ADEA Minority Affairs Advisory Committee
- ADEA PASS Task Force - Program Directors or Admission Officers
- ADEA PASS Task Force - Dental Resident Member
- ADEA Policy and Research Advisory Committee - Deans, Academic Deans, Program Directors, Curriculum Chairs
- ADEA Women’s Affairs Advisory Committee
Appointments to External Organizations
- American Dental Association (ADA) Council on Dental Education and Licensure
- ADA Continuing Education Recognition Program
- ADA Gold Medal Award Selection Committee
- Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) - Commissioner
- CODA Commissioner (Student)
- CODA Consultants/Site Visitors
- CODA Predoctoral Education Review Committee (Predoctoral Educator)
- Joint Commission on National Dental Examinations
- Association for Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care
The ADEA Board of Directors will review all nominations, make appointments and (where appropriate) determine which nominations are forwarded to the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA). Applicants will be notified of the ADEA Board of Directors’ decisions after September 15, 2014. Some appointments require approval by the ADEA House of Delegates in March 2015.
To learn more about qualifications for appointments, acquire an electronic application form and read directions for submitting your nomination electronically, please visit the application website
All applications must be submitted electronically by July 7. If you have questions, please direct them to Abigail Gorman at 202-289-7201, ext. 100 or firstname.lastname@example.org.