Register for the 5th ADEA International Women’s Leadership Conference (ADEA IWLC) September 14–16 in Barcelona, Spain. The conference, which is presented by ADEA with support from the global dental education community, fosters global alliances and delivers leadership strategies that women can use to improve both oral and overall health in their communities throughout the world. Enhanced programming will include a focus on women’s leadership in industry, and sessions designed for younger cohorts of women that will foster opportunities for cross-cultural connections, as well as mentoring and networking with senior colleagues.
Through expert presentations, large-group plenary discussion and small-group exercises, conference attendees will be able to:
- Describe global trends and cultural similarities and differences for advancing women leaders in education, research, practice and industry.
- Identify personal leadership strengths that contribute to women’s advancement and learn how to use strengths to influence career trajectory, the profession and community health.
- Discover the benefits of collaboration across health profession disciplines for better oral health outcomes.
- Recognize the increased value of allied health careers in the health workforce.
Scheduled earlier in the day is the ADEA International Workshop. This one-day workshop offers a unique opportunity for dental educators and practitioners worldwide to share and gain insight into strategies for a range of areas, including faculty development and policy change.
- Discuss the successes and challenges that dental educators worldwide have experienced in trying to implement curricular change.
- Gain insight into the implementation of innovative models of curriculum globally, such as evidence-based dentistry and technology.
- Describe various institutional efforts to understand and embrace standards from around the world.
- Develop an understanding of how the global education community can work together to change and innovate dental education.
For more information and registration, please visit the ADEA IWLC website and the ADEA International Workshop website.