Responding to requests from several deans, the American Dental Education Association/Academy for Academic Leadership Institute for Teaching and Learning (ADEA/AAL ITL) will extend the deadline for applications to July 31.
The ADEA/AAL ITL - rated as a positive or highly positive learning experience by over 99% of survey participants - will give you the tools you need to become a master teacher. During the 6.5-day, two-phase ADEA/AAL ITL program, held at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Dentistry, you will:
- Study best practices for teaching and learning in the clinic
- Learn how to work with today's digital generation of students
- Create your academic portfolio
- Work with top dental scholars and a nationwide network of your colleagues
- Develop practical skills to navigate the unique world of academia
- Get started with research and publication
- Earn 50 CE credits through the American Dental Association CERP and the Academy of General Dentistry PACE program
The program dates are August 19-22, 2010, for Phase I and October 22-24, 2010, for Phase II.
To learn more about the program, see what your colleagues are saying about it, and apply to the ADEA/AAL ITL, go to www.academicleaders.org/itl, or contact the Academy for Academic Leadership at 404-350-2098 or firstname.lastname@example.org.