ADEA is pleased to announce the sixth annual open call for nominations for ADEA appointments. Each year ADEA has the opportunity to make appointments to a number of committees, commissions, and task forces within the organization, as well as similar appointments to external groups and organizations.
These appointments provide significant opportunities for leadership development, recognizing outstanding service to the profession, giving back to the profession, and understanding and developing policy from a national and sometimes international perspective.
Positions for which ADEA requests nominations include:
- ADEA Center for Educational Policy and Research Advisory Committee
- ADEA Legislative Advisory Committee
- ADEA Council of Hospitals and Advanced Education Program Delegates for the ADEA House of Delegates
- ADEA Journal of Dental Education Editorial Review Board
- ADEA Minority Affairs Advisory Committee
- ADEA Women's Affairs Advisory Committee
- ADEA AADSAS Task Force
- ADEA PASS Task Force
- ADA Council on Dental Education and Licensure (CDEL)
- Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) Commissioner
- CODA Consultants/Site Visitors (40+)
- CODA Review Committee on Predoctoral Dental Education (Specialty Dentist [educator], Allied Dental Educator)
- CODA Review Committee on Postdoctoral General Dentistry (Oral Medicine Educator)
- CODA Review Committee on Dental Assisting (Dental Assisting Educator)
- CODA Review Committee on Dental Hygiene Education (Dental Hygiene Educator)
- CODA Review Committee on Dental Laboratory Technology (Dental Lab Technology Educator)
- ADA/ADEA/CODA Liaison Committee on Surveys & Reports
Self nominations are encouraged. An applicant must be a current individual ADEA member to be eligible for any of these appointments. In some cases, membership in the American Dental Association (ADA) is also required.
To learn more about qualifications for appointments, acquire an electronic application form, and read directions for submitting your nomination electronically, please visit http://web.adea.org/webapps/appnom2/instruct. Applications must submitted online by July 6, 2010.
The ADEA Board of Directors will review all nominations, make appointments, and (where appropriate) determine which nominations are forwarded to the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA). On or before September 22, 2010, the ADEA Board of Directors will make appointments. Some appointments require approval by the ADEA House of Delegates in March 2011.
If you have questions, please direct them to Ms. Novella Abrams at 202-289-7201, ext. 107, or email@example.com.