The ADEAGies Foundation/American Association of Dental Research (AADR) Academic Dental Careers Fellowship Program (ADEAGies/AADR ADCFP) provides dental students attending all North American dental schools with the opportunity to experience firsthand the benefits and rewards of teaching. The ADEAGies/AADR ADCFP encourages and prepares students to make informed choices about dental careers. In addition, the ADEAGies/AADR ADCFP shows dental school faculty how to function as academic career mentors for ADCFP Fellows and other students.
ADEAGies/AADR ADCFP Fellows and Mentors attend a Fellow/Mentor training session at the ADEA Annual Session & Exhibition during the fellowship year. Fellows and Mentors for 2010 attended the session at the 2010 ADEA Annual Session & Exhibition on March 2 and 3, and each Fellow will present a poster and participate in a seminar at the 2011 ADEA Annual Session & Exhibition in San Diego, California. Fellows may have more than one mentor.
The 2010 Fellows and their Mentors are:
- Mahboobeh N. Bajestan (Class of 2011) with Dr. Maria Fernanda Orellana and Dr. Ib Nielsen, University of California, San Francisco School of Dentistry
- Jonathan Blatt (Class of 2011) with Dr. Michelle A. Wheater, University of Detroit Mercy School of Dentistry
- Almut Ellwanger (D.D.S. Class of 2012, Ph.D. Class of 2015) with Dr. Diane L. Barber and Dr. Caroline H. Damsky, University of California, San Francisco School of Dentistry
- Stas Grandi (Class of 2011) with Dr. Jeffrey H. Godel, Nova Southeastern University College of Dental Medicine
- Aquila H. Lee (Class of 2013) with Dr. Carolyn Gibson and Dr. Sunday Akintoye, University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine
- Kerrie O'Brien (Class of 2012) with Dr. Douglas E. Peterson, University of Connecticut School of Dental Medicine
- Adam Reynolds (Class of 2011) with Dr. Jim Haubenreich, University of Kentucky College of Dentistry