The American Dental Education Association/Academy for Academic Leadership Institute for Teaching and Learning (ADEA/AAL ITL) will help you succeed as a dental educator. In November 2009, the Journal of Dental Education reported the results of a survey of ADEA/AAL ITL participants: More than 99% of respondents had a positive or highly positive learning experience, and 96% stated the program was important or very important in their effectiveness as teachers.
Whether you're a new educator or a mid-career professor, you will learn the latest best practices to become a master teacher. During the 6.5-day, two-phase ADEA/AAL ITL program, held at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Dentistry, you can:
- Work with top dental scholars and a nationwide network of your colleagues
- Study best practices for teaching and learning in the clinic
- Learn how to work with today's digital generation of students
- Create your academic portfolio
- Develop practical skills to navigate the unique world of academia
- Get started with research and publication
- Make friendships that will last throughout your professional career
- Earn 50 CE credits through the American Dental Association CERP and the Academy of General Dentistry PACE program
If you're ready to acquire the skills and savvy of a master teacher, the ADEA/AAL ITL can give you the tools you need to succeed. The program dates are August 19-22, 2010, for Phase I and October 22-24, 2010, for Phase II. For your convenience, participants will not be invoiced until after July 1, 2010.
To learn more about the program, see what your colleagues are saying about it, and apply to the ADEA/AAL ITL, go to www.academicleaders.org/itlor contact the Academy for Academic Leadership at 404-350-2098 or firstname.lastname@example.org.