Sign up today for convenient, collaborative and cutting-edge online education for allied health educators. The ADEA/Colgate/AAL Institute for Allied Health Educators (ADEA/Colgate/AAL IAHE) provides dental hygiene, dental assisting, and dental technology educators with up-to-date teaching methodologies in an easy, enjoyable online format that encourages networking with colleagues from across the United States and Canada.
ADEA gratefully acknowledges the generous,
exclusive support from Colgate for the ADEA/Colgate/AAL IAHE.
This fall, ADEA/Colgate/AAL IAHE is offering the new course, “Clinical Teaching Best Practices,” with live online sessions on October 23, 30, November 6, 13 and 20, 2013.
- Patient education and risk assessment: evaluation rubrics for oral self-care and motivational interviewing.
- Treatment of medically compromised patients: teaching strategies for treatment of patients with special needs guidelines.
- Collecting patient histories and clinical patient assessment: maximizing students’ engagement and evaluating competence.
- Addressing generational differences among students, faculty and patients: using diverse teaching styles to reach each generation.
- Interprofessional collaboration for patient treatment: incorporating team-based health delivery into health care education.
Each session begins at 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time and lasts for approximately 90 minutes. All sessions are recorded, so participants can view a podcast if they miss a date or want to see the program again. The syllabus provides assignments before and after each live session. Participants can earn 20 CE credits for this course.
Learn more about this course and register on the ADEA/Colgate/AAL IAHE website. For questions, contact AAL Vice President George Weinstein at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-350-2098.