ADEA, in conjunction with its corporate, professional association, and foundation partners, is pleased to announce the availability of its 2012 awards, fellowships, and scholarships. Among the awards offered are student scholarships, recognition for teaching excellence, fellowships, and student research funding opportunities. Award recipients will be recognized at the 2012 ADEA Annual Session & Exhibition in Orlando, Florida, March 17-21, 2012.
For detailed information about each of the awards listed below, visit the ADEA website. Be sure to check the requirements and deadlines for the award for which you are applying.
ADEA/Johnson & Johnson Healthcare Products Preventive Dentistry Scholarships
- Twelve $2,500 scholarships for predoctoral students who have demonstrated excellence in preventive dentistry.
ADEA/Crest Oral-B Scholarship for Dental Hygiene Students Pursuing Academic Careers
- Two $2,000 scholarships for dental hygiene students pursuing academic careers.
ADEA/Sigma Phi Alpha Linda DeVore Scholarship
- A $1,000 scholarship recognizing an individual studying allied dental education at the baccalaureate, master’s, or doctoral degree level.
For Allied Dental Educators
ADEA/Colgate-Palmolive Co. Allied Dental Educators Fellowship
- A $4,000 stipend for participation in the ADEA Leadership Institute OR to pursue a three-month Fellowship at the ADEA office in Washington, DC.
For Predoctoral and Postdoctoral Educators
ADEA/Colgate-Palmolive Co. Excellence in Teaching Award
- A $2,500 award to enhance teaching efforts.
ADEA/Johnson & Johnson Healthcare Products/Enid A. Neidle Scholar-in-Residence Program
- A $6,000 stipend to pursue a cumulative three-month fellowship at the ADEA office in Washington, DC, researching issues affecting women faculty.
For All Dental Educators
ADEA/ADEA Council of Students, Residents, and Fellows/Colgate-Palmolive Co. Junior Faculty Award
- A $2,500 award to be used to enhance teaching, research, or service efforts.
ADEA/Alpha Omega Foundation Leonard Abrams Scholar in the ADEA Leadership Institute
- A $20,000 scholarship to provide the opportunity for a dental educator who exhibits excellence in teaching and compassion toward fellow human beings and who upholds exemplary ethical and professional standards to participate in the ADEA Leadership Institute.
ADEA/Colgate-Palmolive Co./National Dental Association Dr. Jeanne C. Sinkford Scholar in The ADEA Leadership Institute
- A $15,000 scholarship providing the opportunity for a dental educator who is closely aligned with the promotion of equity and diversity on his or her campus to participate in the ADEA Leadership Institute.
ADEA/Sunstar Americas, Inc./Harry W. Bruce, Jr. Legislative Fellowship
- A $15,000 stipend to pursue a cumulative three-month fellowship at the ADEA office in Washington, DC, working on issues on the legislative agenda.
ADEA/William J. Gies Foundation Education Fellowship
- A $10,000 stipend to pursue a cumulative three-month fellowship at the ADEA office in Washington, DC, researching educational issues facing dental education.
For All Dental Schools
ADEA/International Federation of Dental Educators and Associations Orna Shanley Prize
- A $1,000 prize awarded to an academic dental institution that demonstrates innovative solutions addressing local access to care issues.
ADEA/William J. Gies Foundation Dental Research Scholarship
- A $35,000 award to support interest in dental research at the predoctoral level (offered every other year).