ADEA is pleased to announce the annual Open Call for Nominations for ADEA and other appointments. Each year ADEA has the opportunity to make appointments to a number of committees, commissions, and task forces within the organization, as well as similar appointments to external groups and organizations.
ADEA is now accepting nominations for these appointments. These appointments provide significant opportunities for leadership development, recognizing outstanding service to the profession, giving back to the profession, and understanding and developing policy from a national and sometimes international perspective.
Positions for which ADEA is requesting nominations include:
- ADEA Center for Educational Policy and Research Advisory Committee (ADEA CEPRAC)
- ADEA Council of Hospitals and Advanced Education Programs (ADEA COHAEP) Delegates for the ADEA House of Delegates
- ADEA Journal of Dental Education (JDE) Editorial Review Board
- ADEA Minority Affairs Advisory Committee (ADEA MAAC)
- ADEA Women’s Affairs Advisory Committee (ADEA WAAC)
- ADEA Associated American Dental Schools Application Service (ADEA AADSAS) Task Force
- ADEA Postdoctoral Application Support Service (ADEA PASS) Task Force
- ADEA Legislative Advisory Committee (ADEA LAC)
- ADA Continuing Education Recognition Program
- ADEA Centralized Application for Advanced Placement for International Dentists (ADEA CAAPID) Task Force
- American Dental Association (ADA) Council on Dental Education and Licensure (ADA CDEL)
- Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) - Commissioner
- Joint Commission on National Dental Examinations (JCNDE)
- ADA CDEL Comm. on Spec. Recognition
- CODA Consultants/Site Visitors
- CODA Review Committee on Predoctoral Dental Education (Specialty Dentist Educator)
- CODA Review Committee Postdoctoral General Dentistry (GPR Educator)
Self-nominations are encouraged.
An applicant must be a current individual ADEA member to be eligible for any of these appointments. The ADEA website contains membership information. In some cases, membership in the American Dental Association (ADA) is also required.
The ADEA Board of Directors will review all nominations, make appointments, and (where appropriate) determine which nominations are forwarded to the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA). The ADEA Board of Directors on or before September 22, 2011, will make appointments. Some appointments require approval by the ADEA House of Delegates in March 2012.
To learn more about qualifications for appointments, acquire an electronic application form, and read directions for submitting your nomination electronically, visit the online application page.
Applications must submitted electronically by July 5, 2011.
If you have questions, please direct them to Ms. Novella Abrams at 202-289-7201, ext. 107 or firstname.lastname@example.org.