The American Dental Education Association (ADEA) is pleased to announce the eighth annual Open Call for Nominations for ADEA appointments. Each year ADEA has the opportunity to make appointments to a number of committees, commissions, and task forces within the organization, as well as similar appointments to external groups and organizations.
ADEA is now accepting nominations for these appointments. These appointments provide significant opportunities for leadership development, recognizing outstanding service to the profession, giving back to the profession, and for understanding and developing policy from a national and sometimes international perspective.
Positions for which ADEA is requesting nominations include:
- ADEA Annual Session Program Committee (Member-at-Large)
- ADEA Council of Hospitals and Advanced Education Program Delegates for the ADEA House of Delegates
- ADEA Journal of Dental Education Editorial Review Board
- ADEA AADSAS Task Force
- ADEA AADSAS Task Force - Student
- ADEA PASS Task Force
- ADEA PASS Task Force - Student
- ADEA CAAPID Task Force
- ADEA CAAPID Task Force - Student
- ADEA House of Delegates Appointee to the ADEAGies Foundation Board
- ADA Council on Dental Education and Licensure (CDEL)
- ADA Joint Commission on National Dental Examinations (JCNDE)
- Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) - Commissioner
- CODA Consultants/Site Visitors
- CODA Predoctoral Education Review Committee (Predoctoral Educator)
- CODA Postdoctoral General Dentistry Education Review Committee (AEGD Educator)
Self-nominations are encouraged. An applicant must be a current individual ADEA member to be eligible for any of these appointments. The ADEA website contains membership information. In some cases, membership in the American Dental Association (ADA) is also required.
The ADEA Board of Directors will review all nominations, make appointments, and (where appropriate) determine which nominations are forwarded to the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA). The ADEA Board of Directors on or before September 20, 2012 will make appointments. Some appointments require approval by the ADEA House of Delegates in March 2013.
Click here to learn more about qualifications for appointments, acquire an electronic application form, and read directions for submitting your nomination electronically.
All applications must be submitted electronically by July 9, 2012. If you have questions, please direct them to Ms. Novella Abrams at 202-289-7201, ext. 107 or firstname.lastname@example.org.