The American Dental Association (ADA) and the Joint Commission on National Dental Examinations (JCNDE) have announced a major software infrastructure upgrade in order to improve examination services. The upgrade will affect all major testing programs and ancillary services offered through the ADA, suspending services from February 2 (5 p.m. Central Standard Time) through February 12, 2012.
The services that will be affected and corresponding dates are as follows:
- DENTPIN® Application and Retrieval System:
- No updates, retrievals or requests will be accepted or processed
- Application Processing - NBDE (Part I and Part II), NBDHE, and DAT:
- No applications will be accepted or processed
- Score Processing - NBDE (Part I and Part II), NBDHE, and DAT:
- For examinations taken January 3 to February 12, 2012, no official score processing will occur
- Score processing resumes on February 13, 2012 but there may be a delay in mailing/ transmission of score reports due to volume
- Score Report Requests - NBDE (Part I and Part II), NBDHE, and DAT:
- No score report requests will be accepted or processed
- Testing - NBDE (Part I and Part II), NBDHE, and DAT:
- Testing at Prometric Test Centers (NBDE Part I and Part II, DAT) and Pearson Vue Centers (NBDHE) will be operational per normal test center schedules for individuals who have already received an eligibility letter.
All system functionality is expected to return to normal on February 13, 2012.