The Oral Health Section of the American Public Health Association (APHA) has issued a call for the submission of abstracts for individual paper presentations and poster sessions for its 140th Annual Meeting & Exposition. This year’s meeting will be held October 27-31, 2012, in San Francisco, California. The theme is “Prevention and Wellness Across the Life Span.” All abstracts related to pertinent issues in dental public health or related to this year’s theme are welcomed.
Topics this year include:
- Dental Workforce Issues and Infrastructure
- Effective Preventive Programs: Community Water Fluoridation and other Community Approaches
- Epidemiology of Oral Diseases and Disparities
- Integrated Medical and Oral Health Care Delivery Models
- Oral Health Literacy
- Oral Health Needs Among Special Populations
- Oral Health Policy and Financing Mechanisms
- Oral Health Promotion, Health Communications and Social Media (Organized jointly with Public Health Education and Health Promotion)
- Oral-Systemic Health Linkages
For more information or to submit an abstract, please visit the APHA website. The deadline for submissions is Tuesday, February 7, 2012.