Dental Education Association (ADEA) is pleased to announce the ninth annual
Open Call for Nominations for ADEA appointments. Each year ADEA has the
opportunity to make appointments to a number of committees, commissions and
task forces within the organization, as well as similar appointments to
external groups and organizations.
ADEA is now
accepting nominations for these appointments. These appointments provide
significant opportunities for leadership development, recognizing outstanding
service to the profession, giving back to the profession, and for understanding
and developing policy from a national and sometimes international perspective.
which ADEA is requesting nominations include:
ADEA Committee/Task Force Appointments
- ADEA AADSAS Task Force - Student
- ADEA CAAPID Task Force
- ADEA CAAPID Task Force - Student
- ADEA Council of Hospitals and Advanced Education Program Delegates for the ADEA House of Delegates
- ADEA House of Delegates Appointee to the ADEAGies Foundation Board
- ADEA Journal of Dental Education Editorial Review Board
- ADEA Minority Affairs Advisory Committee
- ADEA PASS Task Force
- ADEA PASS Task Force - Student
- ADEA Policy and Research Advisory Committee
- ADEA Women’s Affairs Advisory Committee
Appointments to External Organizations
- ADA Council on Dental Education and Licensure (CDEL)
- ADA CDEL Committee on Special Recognition & ADA CDEL CEMT (Committee F)
- Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) - Commissioner
- CODA Consultants/Site Visitors
- CODA Predoctoral Education Review Committee (Predoctoral Educator)
- CODA Postdoctoral General Dentistry Education Review Committee (AEGD Educator)
- Association for Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care
An applicant must be a current individual ADEA member to be eligible for any of these appointments. The ADEA website contains membership information. In some cases, membership in the American Dental Association (ADA) is also required.
The ADEA Board of Directors will review all nominations, make appointments and (where appropriate) determine which nominations are forwarded to the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA). Applicants will be notified of the ADEA Board of Directors’ decisions after September 20, 2013. Some appointments require approval by the ADEA House of Delegates in March 2014.
To learn more about qualifications for appointments, acquire an electronic application form, and read directions for submitting your nomination electronically, please click here.
All applications must be submitted electronically by July 15, 2013. If you have questions, please direct them to Novella Adams at 202-289-7201, ext 107 or email@example.com.