ADEA Leadership Institute Application
For more information about the 2015-16 ADEA Leadership Institute, please see the
2015-16 ADEA Leadership Institute Call for Nominations Brochure.
How to Apply
The ADEA online application process will open on or before August 1, 2014. A link to the application site will be provided on this page when the site opens.
All applications must be received on or before November 3, 2014. Contact Mr. Eric Lund at 202-289-7201 or email@example.com with any questions.
About Nominations and Expectations
A person must be nominated to participate by his or her dean, program director, or equivalent administrative leader at an ADEA Member Institution. A nominator may make up to two nominations annually. A nomination should clearly state a nominee's leadership experience and potential for higher levels of administrative leadership in dental and higher education. The nominator should also indicate the specific ways in which he or she will support the fellow during the fellowship year.
A nominee must:
- Demonstrate leadership at his or her institution, in the community or through research. Evidence of leadership may include outstanding success in past and current positions.
- Have a clear track record of increasing administrative responsibilities.
- Have experience with responsibilities such as chairing committees, advising student groups, or mentoring students and faculty.
- Have experience with the development of local, regional, or national faculty development workshops or community outreach programs.
- Have a record of scholarly contributions to dental education through teaching or research.
- Be an ADEA individual member.
Five scholarships and fellowships are available through ADEA that will provide assistance to a limited number of ADEA Leadership Institute Fellows in 2015-16.