ADEA Leadership Institute Application
For more information about the 2016-17 ADEA Leadership Institute, please see the 2016-17 ADEA Leadership Institute Call for Nominations Brochure, which will be made available in late August or early September 2015.
How to Apply
Using the ADEA online application process, applicants must submit the following documents and information on or before November 2, 2015:
- A completed application form.
- A current curriculum vitae.
- A nomination letter from the institution's dean or administrative equivalent.
- Two recommendation letters from professional colleagues.
Applications submitted via fax or email will not be considered.
All applications must be received on or before November 2, 2015. Contact Mr. Eric Lund at 202-289-7201 or email@example.com with any questions.
About Nominations and Expectations
A person must be nominated to participate by his or her dean, program director, or equivalent administrative leader at an ADEA Member Institution. A nominator may make up to two nominations annually. A nomination should clearly state a nominee's leadership experience and potential for higher levels of administrative leadership in dental and higher education. The nominator should also indicate the specific ways in which he or she will support the fellow during the fellowship year.
A nominee must:
- Demonstrate leadership at his or her institution, in the community or through research. Evidence of leadership may include outstanding success in past and current positions.
- Have a clear track record of increasing administrative responsibilities.
- Have experience with responsibilities such as chairing committees, advising student groups, or mentoring students and faculty.
- Have experience with the development of local, regional, or national faculty development workshops or community outreach programs.
- Have a record of scholarly contributions to dental education through teaching or research.
- Be an ADEA individual member.
Five scholarships are available through ADEA that will provide assistance to a limited number of ADEA Leadership Institute Fellows in 2016-17.